Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekend RHR Increases

Does anyone else see a RHR increase from Saturday-Sunday?  It's usually 2 bpm for me (over the one year or so period I've had a Fitbit).  And it might go up one from Sunday to Monday as well.  I work out about five or six days a week, including cardio, strength and lower impact classes like Pilates (reformer) or Essentrics (that's three days a week). I wonder if it's restaurant food - we typically eat out or get take out Saturday nights.  However, I DO eat out at lunch all the time (usually salads and a protein) during the week and my RHR while I rest/use the relax app in the afternoon (I work from home and have a flexible schedule) tends to go down (usually down to the low 60s.  My RHR is mostly in the mid 60s range), lower than when I eat dinner takeout.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

take out or restaurant meals are usually much higher is sodium and fat than what you would cook at home or a salad with minimal dressing. That is the cause for increased RHR. you may want to increase your water intake during that time to help flush the sodium.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Do you drink alcohol at all on the weekends?  Alcohol will increase your RHR as well as the high sodium foods from restaurants.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes