Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly exercise tracker

ANSWERED

I've chosen a goal of 5 days of exercise of 30 minutes or more. Most days I've achieved this as well as the default 10,000 steps. Although it shows on the dashboard, it doesn't always transfer to the weekly exercise icon. Not sure why. It seems quite random. I've often well exceeded both goals and yet at the end of the week it will only show one or two days of my goal achieved. Anyone know why?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Do you set your Fitbit to exercise when you begin the exercise?  For example, I tap thru the menus on my Fitbit to get to "Walk" and then hold the button until the Fitbit vibrates before I walk the dog.  When I finish the walk I hold down the side button until it again vibrates and this records my walk as a walk.  This shows as a walk in my exercise section (along with a map of my route because I paired the Fitbit with my phone).

Fitbit will automatically (sometimes) record an activity as an exercise if it recognizes the pattern-this may be why you sometimes see the exercise recorded.  Best bet is to manually start and stop the exercise.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

hey there @Kiwione welcome to the community! So every day in the active minutes data you see 30 minutes. Not that you think you did 30 minutes, you see them. But depending on which day you are looking at the weekly summary you are not seeing all the days?  Could it be because your counter starts on a specific day of the week and you are looking at either the first or second day? For example I have active minutes every single day. So in my mind, I should always have 7 days. But my week starts on Sunday.. so on Sunday I only have one active day.

Unless I completely misunderstood your question... which is entirely possible and probable.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm pretty new to this. I've only had my fitbit for a few weeks. My day starts on Sunday. So next to the calories used icon is active minutes. Most days it has shown at least 30 minutes, sometimes 60 +, but underneath next to the sleep monitoring, there is a section that tracks my weekly exercise goal, and it fills in a side in blue for each of the 5 days I have achieved my 30 minute goal. Right now it says one day, despite the fact that I have done 30 minutes each day this week. The most I've been up to is 4 days, and I made sure on the last day to do more than 30 minutes so I could get my 5th day, but it didn't transfer. I can't really tell what is different about the days it fills in a side and the ones it doesn't, as my workouts are pretty much the same.

Best Answer

Do you set your Fitbit to exercise when you begin the exercise?  For example, I tap thru the menus on my Fitbit to get to "Walk" and then hold the button until the Fitbit vibrates before I walk the dog.  When I finish the walk I hold down the side button until it again vibrates and this records my walk as a walk.  This shows as a walk in my exercise section (along with a map of my route because I paired the Fitbit with my phone).

Fitbit will automatically (sometimes) record an activity as an exercise if it recognizes the pattern-this may be why you sometimes see the exercise recorded.  Best bet is to manually start and stop the exercise.

Best Answer

No. I haven't been doing that. I'll give it a try. It's just strange that even without doing that, the exercise shows up on the minutes icon, but only sometimes transfers to the weekly goal. I'll start doing that and see if it makes a difference. I feel like it's stuck on 1 day out of 5, so I'll take note of whether it re-sets on Sunday morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Active minutes are automatically recorded when the heartrate goes up high enough for 10 minutes.  Fitbit will record the active minutes but they aren't recorded as exercise and aren't the same as exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Active minutes are automatically recorded when the heartrate goes up high enough for 10 minutes.

Actually, active minutes are counted when the intensity of the activity exceeds a certain threshold in terms of METs (source: What are active minutes?). You are right that in practice, this goes hand in hand in heartrate. However, active minutes are counted even with Fitbits that do not feature HR monitoring, so it’s really about the intensity of the activity as detected by the Fitbit algorithm (whether or not HR is part of it). You’re also right about the 10 minutes rule.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes