Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly exercise - why won't my Fitbit record more than one exercise per day?

I'm having problems recording more than one walk on the same day. Today I recorded two separate walks using the weekly exercise feature on my Fitbit but only one is showing on my exercise dashboard. Why is that? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the community, @HensbyC! What Fitbit model are you using? I’m not aware of a weekly exercise feature on the actual tracker. My understanding is it’s a feature on the Dashboard of your mobile app. You record your activity (e.g. walking) on your tracker (if supported, which is the case for instance on the Charge 2, but not the Alta HR) and it will appear in the weekly exercise tile of your mobile app. The activity may also be autodetected, in which case it will also appear in the same place. In order to be included in the xx out of yy Days weekly exercise count, activities must exceed a certain threshold in duration.

As it happens, I had two walks this morning, and both showed up in my weekly exercise list:

2_walks_in_a_day.png

One has distance and a map (because I formally recorded on my Surge), the other one was autodetected (forgot to record it), so it has no map/distance.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@HensbyC wrote:

I'm having problems recording more than one walk on the same day. Today I recorded two separate walks using the weekly exercise feature on my Fitbit but only one is showing on my exercise dashboard. Why is that? 

Hmmm, never seen that issue; I routinely record more than one walk, or hike, or run on any given day and always see tracks/maps/stats for each.

Best Answer

Are you clicking on the tile so that you can see all your exercise activity?  It should show on the laptop app automatically but the phone app doesn't have a big enough screen.  

Best Answer

Hey, thanks for your reply. The walk isn't showing on the activity list on my computer. I've now added it manually, but another anomaly has cropped up. It was more or less the same walk in reverse, c1.4 miles v 1.47 miles, but Fitbit converted it to more steps (3,357 v 2,912) and less calories 73 v 150)! Don't understand why that should be.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Dominique

Thanks for your reply. I have a Fitbit Flex which has a weekly exercise tracking feature that allows me to record walks and runs. It rarely, if ever, auto-detects walks and I regularly walk up to 8 miles or more at a time without setting record (maybe the Flex doesn't have that feature). Today's walks were both 1.4 miles and I recorded both manually, although only one showed in my activities list on my computer dashboard. It's a bit of a puzzle and frustrating too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Shippo

Seems like I may have a problem on my Flex. 

Thanks for your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not familiar with the fitbit flex, so I'm don't know why your walks aren't showing.  Is it possible to start the exercise at the beginning and stop when done without using an automatic feature?  As for the calories-they would be dependent on the exertion (heartrate).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have fitbit sense. The android fitbit app version is 4.2.1 (40243041). Last Saturday 10/21/2023 I went on 2 hikes. My activity on my web login dashboard shows the 2 hikes being recorded, but my fitbit app only shows the 2nd hike.

Previous versions of the fitbit app did show me all exercises in one day, eg. Tennis, biking and swi.ming in one day.

I have started the phone to no avail.

Thanks

Hung Bui

Best Answer