Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weightloss with dancing routines?

• I want to lose 70 pounds with dancing and chair exercises.  I need a nudge daily.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Dancing seems really interesting, what playlist do you listen to while dancing ? 

Leave a message..
Best Answer

Dancing is a great way to get in shape.  Play something you love and have fun! I usually time it by how many songs I danced to 3-4 songs is a great start but after a month you'll be up to 5-8 songs and the weight will melt away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love to dance, it's a great workout without actually feeling like a workout...if that makes any sense lol. I signed up with Body Groove and so far I love it.  So many different dance routines, you can mix and match and go at your own pace.  

Best Answer

@MassageTherapis Right on! That is totally possible as long as you are consistent. I lost 30 pounds dancing to zumba and some aerobics. It is a very complete exercise. 

@GabeLorenzo It really is interesting how much you move during dancing. I do not have a specific playlist, but I listen to either Salsa music or upbeat music with nice rhythm. When I create a playlist, I will share it with you. Do you use Spotify?

@Abigelow13 I totally agree with you. It is a very fun activity and I also use the amount of songs to determine my time dancing. I know their lengths and push myself to either finish the song or dance through the next one. I appreciate you sharing what you listen to while you work out. 

@rbn_held Yes! That is exactly it, it totally makes sense. I find it a little bit more enjoyable than other exercises routines, like stationary bike for example. I like to tackle my cardio workout with dancing instead. True, there are a lot of dancing routines and styles, that will help you work out different muscle groups. I appreciate you sharing the platform you are using. I will check out "Body Groove". 

@MassageTherapis I can check in with you every week, if that is okay with you. If someone is willing to nudge you daily, they can post here so that you get a notification. 

Happy dancing everyone!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes