Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your thoughts on fasting?

ANSWERED

I recently came across a piece on fasting talking about its health benefits, like detoxing the body or weight management. I have heard about the benefits of fasting before in regards to getting more energy and even revitalising the body but not for detoxing or weight management and wanted to see if anyone had more experience with this. Some of the methods discussed were kind of interesting.

http://www.freefitnesstips.co.uk/6-types-of-intermittent-fasting.html

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25
I follow Dr. Bert Herrings book and research. It is a lifestyle that works well for me Merry Christmas!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've done The Master Cleanse. ..I was able to keep the weight off initially for awhile due to changing eating habits after. However, due to not caring months later and life. ..I started eating and drinking whatever. .I feel it is a good jump start to a new way of eating. Motivation is needed after to keep it off. ..eating right and exercising. Have a plan after.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I promised not to comment on anyone's diet regimem, because many posters thought I was too negtive.  My only advise to anyone is please talk to their Doctor first, since they know more about your health than any poster, or web site, or anyone else's success story.  It's your body, please take care of it.

Best Answer

I fasted for four days before Christmas. Just drinking. Fasted 6 days before.

Felt normal. Lost weight.

I find I'm lethargic if I have a build up in waste rather than lack of eating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is your build up of waste?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Corney wrote:

What is your build up of waste?

I believe @chemie meant "waist", not "waste".

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer