Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if some pple did experience nausea when wearing their fitbit?

I would like to start by saying that I really enjoy all that the fitbit, which I purchased 3 1/2 weeks ago,  has to offer in terms of monitoring. However, for the last 3 weeks, I have been suffering of headaches and important nausea. I have been to the Dr's twice, had blood tests done (negative), and was prescribed Gravol and Zantac. My daughter, God bless her soul, brought to my attention that I have been sick since wearing my device. After reading some posts, I will try removing it for a while as well as stop taking Gravols to see what happens. According to various posts, others have been experiencing these symptoms. Would'nt it be worth looking into? Will keep you posted; hoping to feel better!

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

First of all, I hope you feel better soon!

Is it possible that you are feeling sick from changes you have made since you got your Fitbit as well, not necessarily the device itself? It could be the food that you are eating, or if you're not eating enough for your activity level or changes to your activity level. These are all things that you should take into consideration as well. I know, that for me, when I increase my activity level, I tend to be hungry more often. Sometimes, this results in nausea. So, while it could be your Fitbit, you didn't mention any other changes that you may or may not have made since you purchased your Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply,

No I havent changed anything in my diet. I'm 47 and a clinician nurse, pretty well set in my daily nutritional as well as exercise routine. I took the fit bit off after wearing in 24/7 since buying it on tuesday noon. Have not taken the prescribed meds for nausea since. Fragile yesterday; no nausea today. Proof enough for me...might be a virus, but quite a coincidence. Of course, I'm not saying the the fitbit is not a good device, I just dont seem to tolerate it... 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a RN by trade… Several times after buying the watch I became nauseated. I thought this was something just really weird. At one point I was outside and became super nauseated while sitting in a chair and extremely dizzy. This was after having the watch only for three days. It never dawned on me what was going on until the other day. I have now owned it for just over three weeks. Two days ago I became nauseated and dizzy again for about the 10th time. I noticed they would start at the gym and it will continue for most of the day on and off. Yesterday I forgot my watch after working out I noticed it was not on me. Then I realized I felt great. So I immediately went home and put the watch back on and came back and worked out for a little bit and I became nauseated with dizziness. There is something to this.

Best Answer

Welcome to the world of hypersensitivity to wifi / bluetooth. Unfortunately, most will try and gaslight into thinking you're crazy and it's all in your head. But as you know, your symptoms are 100% real.

I've been sensitive to wifi/bluetooth for over a decade, but I find bluetooth to be a lot worse than regular wifi. If I put in some bluetooth headphones, I will feel like throwing up in under a minute. I also don't use wifi in my home because of this, I use ethernet cables.

Fitbit uses wifi and bluetooth, but it's going to be mainly the bluetooth imo which is causing the nausea. 

Unfortunately science has a lot of catching up to do with recognising what's going on here, until they do, non-electrosensitive people (which is the vast majority of the population) will think you're crazy. imo some corporations probably know about this but they have too much at stake to make their findings public, and they can make enough money selling to people who aren't sensitive to the immediate effects. But the way I see it, we're like the canary in the coal-mines. People who aren't sensitive are probably having negative effects, it's just that their body doesn't alert them. So whatever damage the bluetooth is doing to them is going unrecognised and may manifest as a health concern down the line. So I suppose we can count ourselves lucky that our bodies reject it straight away through nausea etc.

Something you'll hear a lot is "we're being bombarded by radiation all the time, cosmic background radiation, radio signals etc.".... well yes, that is true. But would you put your dog or cat in the microwave and turn it on for 10 minutes? Hey, it's just "radiation" and radiation is around us all the time! No, of course you wouldn't. Of course the power levels aren't the same as a microwave, but this is all so new, like the early days of cigarette smoking, we don't have longterm studies to know what's going on. It could be something to do with frequency resonance.. like how an opera singer can break a wineglass with her voice at a particular frequency, perhaps at certain frequencies, low power radiation from bluetooth etc. disrupts an organisms internal biological state through principles of resonance. Who knows! All we know is that we wear a bluetooth device and we feel nausea within a few minutes... this is an undisputed fact. Eventually the science will have our backs, again we're the canaries in the coal mines, until then just know you're not crazy.

Best Answer
0 Votes