Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your heart rate ?

So ive recently went to the doctor because i noticed around the house just doing simple tasks my heart would be around 100-110. ( doing dishes, mopping) when i walk to pick up my kids from school its a 15 minute walk back and fourth… my heart rate is around 115 - 125. there are two flight of stairs and it jumps up to 130’s 140s… im wondering what other people heart rates are like going to up stairs or even brisk walk. ive gotten tests down such as echo cardiogram and the stress test and everything came back normal. Recently its been hitting 160’s when i reach up the steps and i can feel like my heart is about to jump out my chest. Anyone have any similar experiences or any advice on what other tests i should ask for? 

im 29 years old btw.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Sounds pretty normal to me. When i  walk my heart rate  gets up over 100 ,even if it's not walking fast.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for replying. That is reassuring. Maybe I'm thinking too much into it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Leti16   Also sounds normal to me.. MaxHR is 220-your age..   You have had the tests and you should feel comfortable with those results.

What is your RHR from Fitbit Dashboard ?

On the phone Fitbit Dashboard, tap your RHR tile and then swipe right to left on the graph... What is your cardio score ? That will give you an idea of your fitness well being.

This link will give you the HR ranges based on the 220-age calculation from Fitbit and this link is from the American Heart Org.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you are.  If you climb more stairs more often or start jogging or whatever to get in better shape you can likely get your cardio up to where you don't get that feeling you are getting now at the top of the steps.

Best Answer

My score is 33-37 fair to average

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Leti16  I see you have only started with Fitbit and in the early days of Fitbit compiling the data for your Cardio Fitness score you score will improve.

This link gives you the background on cardio fitness and as @Bill_k  has posted, more time in your walking will improve your level or a brisker walk after dropping the children at school...

Don't rush, age is on your side.

Also on your phone, when you tap your RHR window and then swiping to get the Cardio Fitness level, if you then tap the Learn More, swipe each screen until the next Learn More, tap that, and you will see what will improve with some basic exercise levels and weight and RHR are mentioned again.

@Leti16 wrote:

My score is 33-37 fair to average

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I’ve had the Fitbit about 3 weeks..Thanks! I’m going to give it a shot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Leti16  Great news and you will get 2 x 15 minutes without the children and varying your intensity has been proven to be a quicker way to improve cardio Fitness.   Report back in about 3 months and we would like to know how you are going..

So your Interval Timer on your Fitbit will help.. and here is an extract from good old Google..

Is 15 minutes exercise a day enough?
Too busy to exercise? ... That works out at 30 minutes a day of moderate exercise for five days a week - or 15 minutes of vigorous exercise on those five days. Vigorous means high-intensity training (HIIT) - meaning that 15 minutes a day works, but only if you're going hard.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My resting heart rate is 60 bpm. I did a hit exercise this morning and the avg was 110 bpm. I also did

some light workout with weights and the avg was 90 bpm. When I get on the cyclical bike for 15 minutes I can hit 180 bpm. The goal on the bike is to get into the peak zone. The max heart rate for my age is 150 bpm. 

Best Answer
0 Votes