Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Fitbit adjusted my daily calorie burns?

ANSWERED

I just noticed yesterday Fitbit had adjusted my daily calorie burns to be about 10-15% lower, including all historical data, which made many of my goal stars disappeared. Did anybody experience the same thing? and what is the rationale of Fitbit doing so?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ahhh...figured out why.Man Happy I accidently changed myself to Female yesterday. Just changed it to Male and my old calorie data is back!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hmm...The only time I recall Fitbit adjusting my calories is when I log in a lower weight - and it reduces my allowed calorie intake and also slightly reduces my caloric burn. 

As for reducing all of your values historically, I have no idea why that would happen. 

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese
Best Answer
0 Votes

I started logging food calories yesterday as I set up a 1.5lbs/week weight loss plan. The daily calorie deficit for the plan is 750, and the first day I logged a 1100 deficit. Maybe this is the cause for which it thinks my Basal metabolic rate should be lower?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ahhh...figured out why.Man Happy I accidently changed myself to Female yesterday. Just changed it to Male and my old calorie data is back!

Best Answer

@Monsder - glad you figured it out.  I went back to look at my burns over the last week to see if I'd had the same thing happen (and hadn't).  Always better when it makes sense.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Monsder wrote:

faster than going to Brazil to change your gender.

(just a joke, don't think anything else)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad you figured it out and thanks for updating us!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes