Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout Advice

ANSWERED

Hi everyone!

I have been following my own workout and diet routine since June and have been able to drop 25 pounds! I still have 35 pounds to go until I'm at my goal weight but I've been stuck for 2 weeks. Previously I was only doing cardio. Up until last month, the elliptical, recumbent bike, and walking were my best friends. Now I've been religiously following a 15-20 minute weight training routine at least 3 days a week, then add a 30 min cardio excercise in after.

Ex. Monday- Step Sensation Class (High cardio)

Tuesday- Weights arms, back, chest

Wednesday- Body pump (Cardio class mixing weight training with barbell & hand weights)

Thursday- Body Step (High cardio)

Friday- Weights, legs, glutes, lower half

Is there something else I can throw in to optimize my workouts and get my weight loss jump started again? I feel like I'm doing all the right things but it's just not working anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes
25 REPLIES 25

@Raviv 

If only we could live off the monster sized cookie diet and still lose weight! lol

Best Answer
@awood08

I totally agree! I want cookies everyday! Lol

Prettypinkbunny
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Prettypinkbunny @awood08

I am sure we could make a cookie that counts as diet food! 

Use applesauce, shredded carrots, nuts and seeds (maybe flax meal) and protein shake powder. Then an alternative grain flour and you are all set! At least for snacks or breakfast... 

That's how I bake my breakfast muffins and .... they are delightful and healthy. Definitely better than picking up something store bought! 

I love yoga, pilates, knitting, my fitbit and walking my dog! +++ Started with 100 lbs to lose - 60% there - reclaiming my life and health!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I seems you are doing all the right things, you should know that weight loss does not follow a consistent downward trend.  Maybe you body is taking  time out to adjust to your exercise routine.  Remember that the first amout of weight loss comes easy. Because you have added weight training, that means you are adding muscle mass now.  It's more important to measure % body fat, than it is to measure weight.  I bet if you have tracted % body fat you would see your % body fat has decreased, which is more important than losing weight.  Weight loss can be anything from, losing water and or muscle mass, not nesessarily fat.  Keep up you program as is, do not get frustrated, you are doing the right things! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone!!! I am so happy to be involved in such a FUN Group of Fitness GURUs !!! I wanted to know if anyone would like to joing my clean eating groups. I figure since we are all working at fitness , the hard part is we dont have a lot of clean eating and since I have developed a bunch of clean eating meal plans i thought we could all share our clean eating recipes or ideas with each other!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My original post was from August last year. Since then my body fat has gone down immensely, and I hit my 60 pound goal at the beginning of January. I have been trying to change up my workouts and work on tonning more now instead of weight loss. 🙂

Best Answer