Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout Program

Hiya all! 🙂

Ok, so I've had my Fitbit for just over a year now. Only problem is I've not really used it to get fit, but now i want to for my new years resolution. Ive tried the gym but ended that as my partner i went with stopped, so no motivation. 

But now I've been looking into a app called Freeletics. Which adjusts to your fitness level. With training programmes to help you along your way, i thought this would be brilliant to help me on my way.

But im curious to see if anybody has used this app before or heard about anybody using it. Im not a cnfident person n struggle to motivate myself. Ive just got a new job before christmas and a new boyfriend who i want to look good for. Hes suggested about the gym but i kinda feel embarressed in front of him. If anybody can relate to that. Im only 24 and i want to push myself.

Thanks

Emma

https://www.freeletics.com/en/bodyweight/coach/get?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Ads&utm_campaign=f...

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

I cant get to your program as it wants me to sign up.

A lot of these things are great as long as you stick to it.

I dont know why you would be embarressed at the gym. No one cares at what you do. They are there for them selfs.

You are also the only one that can push yourself. You just need to do it

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

honestly i think the hardest part of going to a gym is taking the first step and walking in for the first time. Don't ever be embarrassed for doing something good for yourself, if you prefer to work out at home that is fine but this journey should be about you and doing this for yourself regardless of what anyone else thinks.  You are 24 you have your entire life ahead of you and you deserve to be happy and more importantly healthy.  Rather than being embarassed about going to a gym be kind to yourself and proud of yourself for taking the steps necessary to improve your life, you deserve it.  🙂 

Best Answer

I can completely understand where you are coming from @Antisis. I have found motivation hard... In May last year I was and still am very obsessed with Obstacle Course Racing. It is worldwide and is a brilliant and fun way to get fit. I in fact am too scared to use my fitbit during an event in case I lose it! 

At the moment I am slowly getting motivation back, doing swimming, tennis... My Personal Trainer for some reason thought it was good to say "I'm at the stage where I can pick and choose my clients so if someone isn't 100% serious then its a waste of my time" and I haven't been back to the gym since. I am still pretty angry. Going to a friends Hiit class then a Sculpt class. 

I suggest start going to classes, that is my plan too, although probably not when my ex PT is doing them. I plan to get another personal trainer too. They can be great motivators and you can see them as little or as much as you like depending on their conditions. I have lost out on two sessions my with my ex PT but I'd rather lose 60 quid than hear him speak like that again. 

Freeletics sounds awesome. I'll look it up. I've neglected my fitbit besides wearing it, I've not been tabbing anything. I'll start doing better but my new job is first priority. You have nothing to be embarrassed about... If anything gaining confidence with what you are doing in the gym is what the focus should be on and enjoying whatever you do 🙂 

Harriet | UK | Don't wish for it work for it!

Flex, Samsung Nexus & Windows 7

Don't forget to mark as a solution or vote for a posting if you find it helpful 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Antisis

For the last 12 years or so I have struggeled to maintain a regular training / fitness program so I have decided to go back to what origianlly worked for me 20 years ago. That is set a goal to do a race. This is a big enduanace event so it will be at least 3 years build up, but I have broken it down into monthly goals.

My surge certainly helps, as my goal with each session is to get slightly better in some way.

So one possiblity for you is to pick a local run / walk, or bike ride it can be as little as 5km, or more. Pick a date when you want to do this, and work out a plan that builds you up to completing this. Use your watch to help you, with mini goals of doing better next month than you are doing in the current month etc.

The gym is a tough one. I used to go myself, and the only time I would  go without a training partner is when I was serious about acheiving a goal. Very tough if you have a family, kids etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Antisis,

Have you though about joining a fitness group or class?

I find that the atmosphere is always better in a group, your have a bunch of other people around you who are all there for the same reason! 

I am a Crossfitter, and in our classes we have a max of 9 people. The person who finishes up last get the biggest round of applause and cheering. Everyone is super friendly and so, so helpful.

I am still a member of a gym, but find i miss the friendly banter and encouragement from my crossfit family!

Sometimes it a matter of trying a range of different activities, and working out which one you enjoy most and which works for you.

All the best!!

"Act like a lady...Lift like a BOSS"
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Antisis- so if this sounds like talking to your mom, I'm sorry in advance, but- sweets you just have to say who gives a hoot and go to the gym. I promise you that with the exception of maybe two people (every gym has these two people) no one and I mean no one cares what you do, how you do it or what you look like doing it. They are too much into their pain. I remember my first time- I had no idea how to start up any of the cardio machines or what setting I should have them on. Its not a chain gym so orientation does not come with membership. It took a week for me to walk in there like I meant it. Now, I am like the queen bee. You are going to get into a groove. You will figure out what works and what doesn't. The point is - you have to start somewhere. So the first three times you will feel like an idiot- then you are going to feel like @fitmissjen's tag line- A Boss.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, I'm 25 so I can relate @Antisis Smiley Very Happy

Make sure the motivation for going to the gym is coming from within. If you want to push yourself, it's because you want it. 

My suggestion? Take your Fitbit and walk everywhere! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

True motivation only comes from you.  As I've said before, my motivation to exercise comes from the feeling I get after the workout is done.  Finishing a workout gives me a feeling to satisfaction, accomplishment, and confidence.  I exercise today because it felt great yesterday, I'll exercise tomorrow because it felt good today.  Don't workout to please someone else. Exercise because it pleases you, and helps you accomplish your goals.  I don't go to gyms, all my equipment is in my basement, but I believe people at gyms aren't looking at other people, they are concerned about their own workout.  Maybe going to a gym without your boyfriend will give you some motivation without being embarrased, or self confident.  If he's a good friend he should be offering you encouragement, and not criticism

Best Answer

@HelenaFitbit wrote:

My suggestion? Take your Fitbit and walk everywhere! 

I wholeheartedly second @HelenaFitbit’s suggestion: walking is so simple and easy. You can do it almost anywhere and anytime. Your Fitbit is an excellent motivator in that respect: just go for the standard 70,000 weekly step goal, which can do wonders to your overall fitness level.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you everybody for your support.

I lost just over 2 stone, then suddenly I put about 5lb back on. But for a while I've not been eating a great deal, and never really exercised as I'm always weary of my asthma. I'd love to go out for a jog. 

Has anybody done like a fitness programme from home?? Do they work? 

I've thought about the gym but there expensive and I don't earn a lot to be able to go

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I do all my exercise in my basement.  I have an ellipital, stationary bike, a rower and a set of adjustable weights 40 pounds.  I have no excuse not to exercise because they are in my home, I don't have to drive to a gym, I just go down stairs.  I exercise for about 1 hour a day, 45 minutes cardio, and 25 minutes strength training.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Freeletics is good, walking is good, running is good...you can use a lot of free and home solutions (les mills combat, ufc gym..other stuff like this).  To get in shape and lose bodymassfat the most important thing is nutrition: stay with a deficit of 100 to 400 (too much for me) from what you burn (mostry from your basis methabolism) and move everyday in whatever way.

IF and again..IF you are intrested in the gym, give it a try, or try clases, or pic a sport-activity, if you want to train with your boyfriend, don't be imbarassed..no better thing ever, and if he asked you, probably it's becouse he will enjoy it.  Do the first step, stick to whatever decision you make, eat right 😄

Best Answer

@alphasid wrote:

IF and again..IF you are intrested in the gym, give it a try, or try clases, or pic a sport-activity, if you want to train with your boyfriend, don't be imbarassed..no better thing ever, and if he asked you, probably it's becouse he will enjoy it.  Do the first step, stick to whatever decision you make, eat right 😄

Hi @Antisis -- I second @alphasid about going to the gym with your boyfriend.  The nice thing about the gym is that you can split up once you get there and do different things.  But that interest in your health is something you can both share a couple times/week.  And as many of your supporters here say: walk (or if you are like me bike) everywhere.  Your Fitbit will keep track off that and it is great to see those step numbers trending up (nice change from worrying about the weight numbers which always seem obstinate about trending down).

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes