Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone minutes doing chores

So I logged my cleaning as exercise (scrubbing two bathubs and cleaning both bathrooms)

my heart rate got up to 160 and on average around 145 during the 30 minute clean. I sat down and it went down to like 104 within a minute. But does anyone else go into cardio mode while deep cleaning and scrubbing?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Sometimes when I am on a tear - I will register 5 minutes or so of active minutes which makes me laugh. It is usually when I am going up and down the stairs continuously. I do think @SunsetRunner you put a whole new meaning to "put your back into it". 🙂 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I go into cardio mode the days that I do chores. I have says when I didn't "exercise " but still got 60 zone minutes from all my activities.  I don't sit still much. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I go into fat-burn and cardio ranges doing yard work.  I don't call them exercises, though.  I reserve the title exercise for formal activities expressly done to improve fitness.  If my yard work generates an automatic exercise, I delete it.

The active zone minutes, steps, and calories are counted whether the time is organized into exercises or not.  They are the metrics I look at.  Whether I did a formal exercise or not is interesting but not really that important.

Best Answer
0 Votes