Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comfort food

ANSWERED

i have lost over 50 pounds , and now adjusting  my portion size  and  once i get that in line ill loose a little more. Its a combination of the type of person i am that causes my biggest problem, friday and saturday nights. Im 49 swm and a introvert, a bit of a extreme introvert, i txt no one , i have no friends outside of work , during the week it doesnt bother me a bit, i dont go out on dates or anything. I have no problem going out on my hikes or anything. The problem is i gave up my drinking friday and saturdays and figured its  less calories. But its boomeraged. So now i download movies and watch them friday and saturday nights, and it isnt a movie unless i have my popcorn, a massive bowl with 1/2 pound of melted butter AND finely sliced cheddar cheese that melts. I think its a comfort food because it takes my mind off of getting out, and if i go out, ill just drink, wont talk to a soul and end up buzzed or worse. SO i stay home friday and saturday night. I drink enough water everyday to float a boat. Any idea's on what i can do to combat this "comfort food"?

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

I agree with @Raviv

I really don't understand your posts as you truly want help and then you do not want help.

I wish you the best. Good luck to you

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

no,i do need help and you and others have helped, i think now i have the means to reach my goal, to overcome my weekend popcorn binge, because it is , i feel it is the only thing standing in my way. i thank you and all the others for your suggestions, what i plan on doing after i reach my goal was not what i was posting about at all

goodbye

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I was a kid, (this was back in the 50s)  my parents had enough money to give me to go to the movies, but not enough to pay for snacks, so I never got into the habit of eating popcorn or anything else while I'm watching a movie or TV.  I felt deprived back then, but am happy about that now.  Now, there is a TV show I watch every day M-F and I jump on my treadmill and walk while I'm watching it.  I'm going to watch it anyway, sitting in my recliner, so I'm benefitting from doing the treadmill while I'm watching.  Popcorn is not the worst snack you could choose, but why not make the effort to break that habit, and it is just a habit, and learn not to associate watching movies with eating? 

I think if I was single, I would like to join Anytime Fitness and go at some odd hour when it's relatively empty because I'm uncomfortable exercising in front of other people.  That's just me.

Good luck to you.  This thread is full of great suggestions that might help someone else who's reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I look at it a bit differently, I have given up so much of what I enjoy to
reach this level , it comes down why live longer if I can't enjoy
something? I dumped the spa a while back and don't plan on going back. I'm
in my recliner also but no treadmill in my future, I take a mile walk at
lunch time and what what I eat during the whole week. I need to let go,
call it weakness if you like but I fell better after letting go

--
Sent from a dog with paws, do you know how hard that is?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, do what makes you happy.  But I was just responding to your question   "Any idea's on what i can do to combat this "comfort food"?" 

Best Answer
0 Votes