Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit not recording steps

nenecito help, the problem is that since I bought my fitbit from 5 months ago does not mark the calories well for example I do 15000 steps and tells me to burn 600 calories that is impossible, I have seen in my fitbit friends that they do the same steps and burn up to 3000 calories please I need help really is very important to me, and I have no problems in terms of synchronizing my cell phone with my watch, it is something else, please wait and can help me to rejoin it .. thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Sairaz Hello and welcome.  To better assist you, can you please tell us what specific Fitbit you are wearing?

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you post the graphs for your daily step count and your daily calories burned for the past month. In other words, these graphs (found here😞

2019-03-07_1403.png

and:

2019-03-07_1404.png

They would help assess whether there’s something wrong with your steps and/or your calories.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It almost looks like they're looking at the total day's calories burned and you're just seeing the calories burned just from doing those steps alone.

Is the 600 the entire days calories?

3000 is reasonable for a full day with your steps and normal activities combined .

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sairaz wrote:

nenecito help, the problem is that since I bought my fitbit from 5 months ago does not mark the calories well for example I do 15000 steps and tells me to burn 600 calories that is impossible, I have seen in my fitbit friends that they do the same steps and burn up to 3000 calories please I need help really is very important to me, and I have no problems in terms of synchronizing my cell phone with my watch, it is something else, please wait and can help me to rejoin it .. thanks

@Sairaz, it is very unlikely that anyone would burn 3,000 calories by walking about 6 miles.  The average person burns about 100 calories per mile of walking, so your report of 600 calories would be about right.

As @Bill_k said, you are probably comparing their daily total calorie burn with your single activity calorie burn.

Best Answer
0 Votes
how it this posible i don’t understand!!!! really that’s not true
Best Answer
0 Votes

You don’t make your case easy, as you didn’t answer any of the questions asked. We have no idea about the relation between the 15.000 steps, the 3000 calories and the 600 calories you mentioned in your initial post.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes