Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$$ for Stepping

Hello everyone !!
My name is Jim and I've been on Fitbit since 2015.
All of my stats are open if you want to take a look.
Im the owner/operator of Jims Landscaping services so my job allows me to be outside walking 10 months of the year here in Texas.
The reason for me posting here is that I was introduced to an app (by my 15yo son) that pays crypto curency for walking.
I thought it was a scam until I downloaded it on my phone, signed up and voila, I began earning $$ !!
It was easy sign-up. Jus your first name, email and cell# so they can text you back a code to complete the sign up.
I have no stock in this company. Just want to spread the good word that you can make money on all the steps you take !!

Google it....sweatcoin

Been going at it for about 8 days and I have made $118.18

link is..
https:/sweatco.in/hi/11061968

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

It sounds interesting.

I'm skeptical, in that you didn't mention at all where the money comes from. Could you explain the business model, or is this just 'magic money'?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes
I get 5sweatcoins worth about $.05

Not doing it for that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no such thing as a free lunch. If you are not paying, you are the product. They either sell your data (you have to provide your cell#?), scam you or make a lot of money out of you through advertising (hello Facebook). I am not saying that you should not do this, but please try to find out what their business model is and see if you are comfortable with that.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
The app makes money by marketing the products of other companies to its
users. As people redeem Sweatcoins for rewards, the company that owns the
product pays a fee to Sweatcoin, the *Times* reports

Jim Bob
Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:
The app makes money by marketing the products of other companies to its
users. As people redeem Sweatcoins for rewards, the company that owns the
product pays a fee to Sweatcoin, the *Times* reports

Jim Bob

Yep, closed loop of crypto-currency.  Unfortunately the needing your phone for GPS verification is a big no for me (as I do a lot of things without being tied to my phone) is the non-starter for me.

As far as the tinfoil hat wearers.  The information that is gathered is public record (Birth date, address, name, phone number, etc.) what companies are paying for is the research and compiling of this known data.

Best Answer
I have my phone on me all day.
I own a landscape Co so I'm outside all the time. As far as anyone
gathering my data. That's OK with me is I'm paid for it.
As far as Crypto currency goes I'm not sure.
The data use and power consumption are negligible.
All I know is 2x per year I can get a new pair of running shoes just for
loading an app on my phone.
Not trying to make a living on it.

Jim Bob
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but no thanks.

Best of luck to you though!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
No problem. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Jim
Best Answer
0 Votes

wro

As far as the tinfoil hat wearers.  The information that is gathered is public record (Birth date, address, name, phone number, etc.) what companies are paying for is the research and compiling of this known data.

That doesn't make sense that the company is going to pay hundreds and thousands of dollars to the OP just to identify his public information? Information that can be readily purchased for five dollars? They must be tracking something else for the information to be worth the money. I can't think of what it could be, to be worth paying hundreds of dollars a month per customer. But then again, I can't figure out how MoviePass makes money, either. 🙂

Here's an article:

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/17/sweatcoin-lets-you-earn-crypto-for-working-out/

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the way that they make money is that they have some Angel Investors that are interested in the idea of getting paid to walk. Also there is a large black market exchange for sweatcoin. There is no cap to the sweatcoin and I believe they own the money making machine

Best Answer
0 Votes