Did you mean: 

hometrainer

ANSWERED

How can I use a hometrainer in my charge 5

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Cathrien7 -- fitbits won't register many steps or much activity on stationary bikes because your arms are not moving. The cheapest fix is to put it in your shorts pocket or stick it in your sock.  The problem with the shorts pocket is that you don't get an heart rate info. If you line the sensor up when you put in your sock you might get somewhat accurate HR info. Another option is to look for an ankle band on amazon or ebay. 

None of these hacks perfect as the tracker is designed to be worn on your wrist, but they can help you measure your progress over time and that's all you really need.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@Cathrien7 - can you please provide a little more detail. Is this an app? Or a brand of equipment? 

Best Answer

I have a hometrainer in my house and i bike on it. I want to combine it with my fitbit charge 5, but there are hardly no zoneminutes added, whem I'm finished.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cathrien7 -- fitbits won't register many steps or much activity on stationary bikes because your arms are not moving. The cheapest fix is to put it in your shorts pocket or stick it in your sock.  The problem with the shorts pocket is that you don't get an heart rate info. If you line the sensor up when you put in your sock you might get somewhat accurate HR info. Another option is to look for an ankle band on amazon or ebay. 

None of these hacks perfect as the tracker is designed to be worn on your wrist, but they can help you measure your progress over time and that's all you really need.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@Cathrien7 zone minutes depend on HR. Is your HR registered correctly? How do you record the exercise? "Spin" in the Exercise app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I want to work out, I open YouTube and watch new workouts and exercises.

Best Answer
Thanks so much
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue when I first used my Charge 5.

Then I solved it by doing work around using my Older Fitbit One which is still registered to my account by placing in my pocket or attached to my hip tuck under waist band.

Before starting I sync both your One and Charge Five to my dash board which will update both to your present step count 

Set the Charge 5 to track heart rate in the treadmill mode Start and Stop recording at the beginning and end of the trainer session

Then update your stats to the Fitbit App Dashboard when finished. the Fitbit Once steps will then be synced between both unit again.

Best Answer
Thank you very much
Best Answer
0 Votes