Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ifit

Thinking of getting a treadmill that has IFIT does anyone know if my fitbit will work together with IFIT

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Fitbit does not work with Ifit do not even see how it could. Its a program you download to treadmill or what ever machine and you see scenes as you walk.

I found it to be a bit expensive. Tv works fine for me and its free

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

FitBit and iFit do not integrate or sync together. However, FitBit does sync with MyFitnessPal. I know that was not the question, but since I use FitBit, MyFitnessPal and iFit throughout the day every single day, I thought I would add that information.

iFit rocks. Some people complain that the interface isn't as easy as it can be, but it is really cake to use it. It is easy.  The point of iFit on a treadmill is that it offers challenges and variety. Say you want to walk in Copacabana, Bolivia. The treadmill shows the street view and/or satellite view (depending on how you set it up for that particular run). If you were actually walking in Copacabana and went up a hill, your treadmill will elevate to offer you the benefits of challenging you physically. If you decided to walk in La Paz, same deal, but much more challenging inclines. Just an example. 

I bought a NordicTrack Elite 9700 Pro treadmill and it has iFit integrated into it. Totally worth it. I love it and it is worth every penny. NordicTrack has expensive treadmills, but in the long run, NOT REALLY. Why? Because you can expect a NordicTrack treadmill to last a long, long time. I understand this goes beyond the scope of your question, but that should help offer some things for you to consider if you decide to pursue getting a treadmill with iFit. There are several other manufacturers that offer treadmills, ellipticals, and incline trainers with iFit integration.  It isn't the cheaptest option but it does keep your exercise interesting. Highly recommended. But that is just me. 

If you join iFit, feel free to look for me there under the username Farmboyphotography.  🙂  

Best Answer

From what I can gather iFit doesn't play well with others. None of the apps I use for fitness will sync with iFit. I'm using MyFitnessPal, Endomondo, & Fitbit, they all exchange information with each other. I use Endomondo to log my workout on the treadmill, it only records time, but the steps & distance are being recorded by my Fitbit One. I think if you have the iFit module for your treadmill it will send the time, distance, calories to iFit but Fitbit can't use it. IFit has it's own activity tracker called Active. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any Update??

Best Answer
0 Votes
I love the ifit. I really like that I can see where I'm at and that my machine changes with the element.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can always find updates at fitbit.com/apps

Sometimes doing a search for the app and fitbit also helps, since fitbit doesn't seem to know of every app that links to fitbit. 

Best Answer

Thank You, your information was very helpful and appreciated. 🤝

Best Answer
0 Votes

They do not integrate but I love my NordicTrack 1650!

Best Answer

I have the nordic track bike through ifit and still havent been able to figure out how to connect with fitbit. I dont believe it is possible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can't connect with if it😒

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@Kcoe16 wrote:

I have the nordic track treadmill through ifit and still havent been able to figure out how to connect with fitbit. I dont believe it is possible. 

Does it work with proform? I have recently got the machine but really having a difficult to figure out stuff.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IFit does not synch with Fitbit, however you can take a picture and manually input the information into Runkeeper which also synchs with MyFitnessPal and Fitbit.  The newer Fitbit Charge 2 has a tab where you can “push” to start an exercise and “push” again to turn off the timer for that exercise, which collaborates with Runkeeper and MyFitnessPal.  

Wish that iFit would synch with others apps.

Best Answer

IFit does not synch with Fitbit, however you can take a picture and manually input the information into Runkeeper which also synchs with MyFitnessPal and Fitbit.  The newer Fitbit Charge 2 has a tab where you can “push” to start an exercise and “push” again to turn off the timer for that exercise, which collaborates with Runkeeper and MyFitnessPal.  

Wish that iFit would synch with others apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey guys

you can download your runs from ifit and upload them into Strava, only takes a minute and it gives you all the info you need. Just be careful to download as a compatible file for Strava for example i use a .tcx file and have no problems.

Cheers Mark

Best Answer
0 Votes

If Ifit accepts a TCX file, one could easily download a tcx file of a gps recorded exercise from fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you download from iFit? I don't see it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rgag wrote:

How do you download from iFit? I don't see it.

I know nothing about iFit, but a quick search brought this up:

https://www.ifit.com/blog/export-workout-data/

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Ifit is not a Fitbit program. 

If your having problems installing ifit I would suggest contacting them. 

Best Answer

I just got the NordicTrack s22i, it recognizes my charge 3 through Bluetooth but it can't connect which is really disappointing. It also did not auto recognize the ride so I think I have to manually let it know I am riding. It would be amazing if they could work together! 

Best Answer