Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a clip Fitbit that is waterproof?

Hi.  I am a healthcare worker so cannot wear a watch style or pendant Fitbit.  I have been using a Fitbit one for over a year, but every time I swim or do Aquazumba I have to take it off, losing out on the step count!  How do others manage this?  I would like waterproof style on a clip but this option seems to have been missed out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello and welcome to the forums @SarahEC

You can always add steps by logging an activity, such as swimming. Those steps won't count if you're in a challenge, but they would add to your overall step count.

The Flex 2 is waterproof and might be something to consider purchasing. I have a friend who exercises in the swimming pool and she loves how it logs her activity. She doesn't worry about getting it wet as she used to worry about her Charge.

I know the Flex 2 is a wrist style, but you could put it in your pocket or loop it on a belt to keep tracking your steps.

Let us know what happens.

Thanks for being a healthcare worker. I know that people in that line of work are often unappreciated. You're making a difference in the lives of others and that is very important.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Thanks for that Odyssey13, I will have a think about the flex.  It would be good if Fitbit made a simple clip that could be used for the flex as well! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SarahEC  the Flex 2 is waterproof and there is a pendant accessory that you can purchase so you can wear it around your neck. You could always take the tracker part out of the band and put it into any number of clips that you could purchase online or even rig to make you happy.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hey - do you know if the actual Fitbit Flex 2 is waterproof or is it only waterproof when worn in the band?

Best Answer
0 Votes

the case around the actual tracker is not sealed so the flex 2 is waterproof if you choose to wear it without the wristband.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

That's fabulous, thank you!

my current Flex is about ready to be retired because the battery doesn't hold its charge for very long anymore. I don't wear it on my wrist and I spend a lot of time in the water so it sounds like the new Flex 2 will be a good fit for me. Thank you for the info!

Best Answer