Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outdoor bike????

I love running and walking and I track all my activities. However I don't own a bike and that is why I find it extremely weird that almost every day when I check my app I can see that I've done outdoor bike exercises!!! I'm keeping an eye on this for about a month and it always happens when I'm driving... Any idea what is going on??? 

I use to drive a big family car and this thing never happened. As soon as I swapped my car to an older small car this thing started... No idea what's going on!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Don't know why that would look like bike riding, but if you want to eliminate it, you might try going to the "auto-exercise recognition" setting via fitbit.com dashboard, settings (from gear icon top right), Charge 2 (or whatever your device is), auto-exercise recognition. Then change the minimum time for "outdoor bike" to the max of 90 minutes, then sync. That means it will not count it as a bike riding exercise session if it is less than 90 minutes long.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

You can remove Outdoor bike completely.  I keep it active as it tracks pushing a stroller/mowing the lawn quite nicely.

Best Answer
0 Votes

is it a manual transmission? that's the only thing I can think of because you are using both feet like you would on a bike. If you never plan on biking or at least not anytime soon, I would remove it. no sense having something that only causes questions....

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer