Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measuring steps using exercise bike?

Is there a way to convert my time on an exercise bike into steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

No.

Steps have a distance that goes along with it - that has nothing to do with the bike, or calories burned, ect.

But if you have HR device, that will be used for calorie burn if HR is seen during a workout.

So some can get a HR off their leg above ankle, fiddle with it a bit to get it.

And then at least you can get maybe half the steps of that leg coming down per pedal stroke.

Frankly I never got steps seen as I must have pedaled too smooth. Only "steps" were bogus on road bike seeing road vibrations. Tons of steps, barely any distance or therefore calorie burn from it. Always had to manually enter it anyway.

Oh - don't let a good non-step workout go to waste just because it does't cause steps!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Cycling isn't a step activity so it will always register very low steps. Some folks have found alternative ways to wear their tracker to get more steps, but it comes at a cost of accurate HR and calorie burn. I guess you need to figure out which is more important to you and go from there. Some put their trackers on their ankles, hanging from their shorts/pants and I think other solutions that I can't think of right now. If you do a search on the forum for bike as your keyword, a ton of past questions like yours will come up and you will be able to find all the creative suggestions. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes