Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

securing writst bands

ANSWERED

I find the bands on the fitbit very frustrating to clip, I wish it was just like a watch band.

Does anyone else have trouble with these

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

I bought my Fitbit Flex and immediately stopped at a hardware store where the very helpful clerk sized an O ring from the plumbing department for me. It cost .39 cents. Make sure you go to plumbing dept where you can buy one ring. The auto store wants to sell you fifty of them for $12 or so.  Also, once you get the hang of putting the band on...it's not too bad. I think the little holes stretch a bit as you use them. Anyway...I agree a better bad would be better...but I love the fitbit.  Have made over 10K steps every day since I got it (about six weeks ago). So motivating...and, encouraging...and, keeps you aware of what you are and are not doing. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
Thanks great advice

Sent from my iPhone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

I totally agree.  These default write bands are really bad.  They fall off way too easily.

What I wouldn't give to have a simple latchable wrist band like on a normal write watch.

Sure, perhaps there could still be a silicone slot to slide the sensor module into, but I see no reason why one could not have a more secure band.

Best Answer

I think they are working on how to make the wristbands better. They've been great at providing me with support and soon I'll have another wristband too. I have my wristband on fairly loose, so that the chance of it falling off is less likely to happen. Great shame though, heard from someone that lost their Flex at an airport when removing their Jacket etc. 

Harriet | UK | Don't wish for it work for it!

Flex, Samsung Nexus & Windows 7

Don't forget to mark as a solution or vote for a posting if you find it helpful 🙂

Best Answer
I have never lost mine or it has never fallen off but I bought all the colored bands but I never change them now because it is such a struggle to put on
Ugh
I love my fitbit! But who ever designed this band
NOT GOOD lol

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
you could always sell the unused coloured bands if you wanted to I guess. Yeah shame about the band... They might improve it peehaps? We can hope.

Harriet | UK | Don't wish for it work for it!

Flex, Samsung Nexus & Windows 7

Don't forget to mark as a solution or vote for a posting if you find it helpful 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I initially posted this for the Force but it would work on a Flex too.  It is a 5/16" O-ring available at any hardware store for under 50 cents.  May need to go a little smaller for Flex.  Other solutions have been posted.  

image.jpg

Best Answer

I bought my Fitbit Flex and immediately stopped at a hardware store where the very helpful clerk sized an O ring from the plumbing department for me. It cost .39 cents. Make sure you go to plumbing dept where you can buy one ring. The auto store wants to sell you fifty of them for $12 or so.  Also, once you get the hang of putting the band on...it's not too bad. I think the little holes stretch a bit as you use them. Anyway...I agree a better bad would be better...but I love the fitbit.  Have made over 10K steps every day since I got it (about six weeks ago). So motivating...and, encouraging...and, keeps you aware of what you are and are not doing. 

Best Answer
Thanks great advice

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Good idea on hardware store going there tomorrow thanks !
Best Answer

Thanks for this tip. 

I think a better idea would be a real watch band, but I can tell already that the holes of my Charge aren't going to hold up over the years I expect to use this thing.

Best Answer

I bought a Fitbit flex one week ago and have lost it already because of the bracelet connectors. I had a great deal of trouble getting to connect securely. I feel that the bands are faulty and the company should replace my lost fitbid.

Best Answer
well that is disappointing, mine come with a few connectors, the little clear plastics are not good for much, but the regular heavy gray works fine.

How to adjust to at first but all good now.

Cannot hurt to ask fitbit if they will replace, sometimes the moderator of the website chimes in with some advice, maybe he will see your comment and be able to guide you.

Good Luck
Best Answer

@GerriD - those plastic clasps are only meant to hold the bands together in the package.  Only the metal one is meant to connect it while wearing it.  Sorry to butt in, but i'd hate for you to lose your tracker by using one of the plastic ones!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I don't use them I just wondered if the girl who did lose hers was using that one .
Because I think the metal ones are pretty secure

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have now lost my Fitbit flex as the band was not secure enough definately needs a different way of securing, now deciding whether to get another one or not as it is a waste of money if the bands are not secure ..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought mine in January and it started coming off at odd times about a month ago.  Last night I lost it completely, not feeling that it came off my wrist.  That means I will have to buy another one!  I am very upset.  

Where did you get help and what kind of help were they offering?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why the heck dont they already have something like this as part of the fitbit?  I wish I had known about this before I lost it last night!!! Grrrr

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost mine and was using the correct clasp.  It started falling off at weird times over the last month, but I could always feel it fall off.  Not last night... I just pray it's at my daughters or I am going to have to buy another one. Grrrrr

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had almost lost the whole thing several times before I tried using a big "Rubber band" that was actually a pool pass wristband from a resort. It just happened to fit right over the Flex wristband with just enoughstretch that it stayed put nicely. The only downside was that it blocked the fitbit lights, which I rarely look at  anyway. 

I've since changed to some velcro squares with sticky adhesive on the back of each piece. It supplements the regular snap, making it less likely to come apart by accident. The velcro looks nicer than the bright blue pool pass.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went and bought some rubberplumming gaskets at Lowe's. So far it's working like a champ. Why couldn't they have thought about something like this?

Barbara Adler
281-734-2253
Sent from iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes