Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

securing writst bands

ANSWERED

I find the bands on the fitbit very frustrating to clip, I wish it was just like a watch band.

Does anyone else have trouble with these

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29
I have not had any problems with my band staying on. I was originally using the wrong clasp, I purchased three colored bands together, and only one had a real clasp, the other ones had just a little plastic piece to hold the band.

Once I used the correct one, mine has never fallen off, I have had it for almost a year now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Those were recommended to me when I was using the wrong clasp, I tried them and found it hard to put on.

There have been some complaints on the clasp, but I am good now, no issues, it stays on and is easy to remove and put back on when having to charge the device.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Pre-ordered my wife a new Alta. It arrived last Friday.  It's now one week later and she can't wear it because it's already fallen off five times.  Thank goodness she's always felt it fall off and was always in a position to quickly retrieve it.  The clasp is so crude that I have to fasten it for her and, yes, I am making sure it is secure.  However, all it takes is a brush against a purse strap to unsnap the clasp.  I can't beleive Fitbit charges so much for their wearables and spends so little to ensure the device stays on the wearer's wrist.  I thought of duck-taping the clasp but that would really look tacky.  I was planning on going to the hardware store today to look for a solution but read that in a seperate reply on this thread that a solution (rubber O-ring washers) may be at hand.  I'm going to give it a try.  If that doesn't work the Alta goes back to Fitbit.

Best Answer
I ended up losing mine, so I bought the HR with a clasp.

Barbara Adler
281-734-2253
Sent from iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

<meta content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" http-equiv="Content-Type" />

o ring is the answer. Before I bought my fitbit...saw this was troubling....bought a .25 cent o ring in the plumbing part of store...leave it on one side of the band when it's off...slide it over the clasp when it's on...three years and we're good.  They can be tricky to put on...but if you use the same holes each time...they do loosen a bit...all the more reason for an o ring

Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish I had read this before I started wearing mine, I wore it for not quite two days, and now its gone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep lost my one I only wore it for less than 2 days! Grumpy and sad! 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! I wore it for two days ! Lost it at work, Im a teacher, so Im hoping someone may hand it in but it is Friday and a wet weekend is expected! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had mine for less than two days, it has fallen off! Too expensive to have such a useless catch/fastener.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I didn't mean to post so many comments, it kept saying there was an error, so I thought it hadn't posted! :Smiley LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes