Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steps recording to dashboard

ANSWERED

How many of you are having issues with  your actual steps showing on dashboard? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@MacDuffie wrote:

So do I never get anything logged in the Activities with the Charge HR?

OK, here is an example taken from my own day:

2015-01-25_2145.png

The "workout" that started at 9.10am and lasted for 56 minutes was weight lifting that got there because I used the timer function on my Charge HR. Fitbit only granted me 251 calories for that activity (which I felt didn't reflect the intensity), so I manually logged it as "circuit training", which gave me 473 calories. Fitbit will replace 251 with 473, so I will get an extra 222 calories.

The 1h06m "workouts" that started at 10.50am and 1.29pm were mixes of walking and jogging. They also got there because I used the timer function on the Charge HR. I didn't log them separately in the web-basd interface, since they were step-based activities that Fitbit should be able to track accurately.

So every activity that says "workout" is something that got there because you timed them on your tracker (you can edit "workout" to something else if you want). Every activity with another label is something you logged manually. The label will depend on what you picked up from the database. You can even create your own for activities that are not listed there.

Does that make sense to you?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

I have been having this issue.  I go to check my steps..I see them then its like the product syncs or something then I have no steps for that day.  This has happened a number of times.  I also do not think this is keeping correct count.  I am on my feet all day and the total count I get is not much at all so today I downloaded a stepcounter on my Iphone and there really is a big difference on the number of steps.  What issue are you having?

Best Answer

hello  seems I ma having the same issue as you. i have resynced severak xs and it is ok for a day then I go back to the same issue.     I just have finally giving up but very frustrating to say the least.  my fit bit shows the steps just not on dasboard. that is a good idea maybe i will down load a step counter to my phone  any good apps yuo can recommned?   thanks Cat Happy

Best Answer

App or website dashboard?

And Fitbit synced through the computer bluetooth and Fitbit Connect, or the App on your phone?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a app and it syncs through my Iphone

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine is computer   the one device I wear in my hip works fine   but for example today I have 10487 steps so far   and shows absolutley nothing on the dashboard    I have plugged it back into the charger held the button down for 12 seconds and  then turned back on again and I still get nada.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@samantha314 wrote:

It is a app and it syncs through my Iphone

So the phone sync has to go through a server for just the app, to the core server to log your steps, then that info is sent back to the app server, and your app updates info from there.

Something is delayed in the line, or not working.

You might need to sign out of the app, and sign back in. If problem is between app and app server.

If between app server and core server, may need to sign out of app, and remove it. Access the core server through a computer. Then install app again and sign-in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@dory0619 wrote:

mine is computer   the one device I wear in my hip works fine   but for example today I have 10487 steps so far   and shows absolutley nothing on the dashboard    I have plugged it back into the charger held the button down for 12 seconds and  then turned back on again and I still get nada.

Fitbit Connect client running?

And what if you click to Sync Now?

Best Answer

HeyBales   I am not sure what is Fitbit Connect Client Running?   Where is Sync Now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dory0619 wrote:

HeyBales   I am not sure what is Fitbit Connect Client Running?   Where is Sync Now?

The Fitbit Connect icon is located in your System Tray (lower right corner of your screen), if you are on Windows:

Fitbit Connect

Right-click that icon and you'll see the Sync Now option.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Dominique   I will look tomorrow and let you know

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Dominque    I am not seeing that icon on my customize board.   So is there something  I can do to see all the process I made I have been averaging over 20K in steps and would like to see my progress

hope this makes sense and thank you for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dory0619 wrote:

Hello Dominque    I am not seeing that icon on my customize board.   So is there something  I can do to see all the process I made I have been averaging over 20K in steps and would like to see my progress

hope this makes sense and thank you for your help

Dory,

I think you are misunderstanding something.

My original question that Dominque gave you more info on - is how the info gets off your device and to Fitbit's servers.

You must have that program running. This nothing on your Dashboard, this is way before that system.

He gave a screen shot of the computer, and the program that actually syncs with device and sends info from your computer to Fitbit. 

I'm assuming you have internet connection, which is required.

If you don't look at exactly the same spot on your computer and see that icon - then nothing is going to get off your device.

Did you follow the instructions that came with the device to install software before using?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my fitbit since 2013 and installed it   and yes it was working fine now all of sudden I have nothing    what I was trying to explain to Dominque is that little icon  does not show any more, so does that mean some how my computer lost all the data and do I need to reinstall  and start all over?

Best Answer
0 Votes

and yes I haveinternet connection

Best Answer
0 Votes

"the data" that perhaps has or has not been lost is the program running that syncs with your device.

The data from the device was never stored on your computer, and what's on your device currently has never gotten to your computer.

When you said it didn't show on your dashboard, since that's the name of the Fitbit page on the website too, I thought that's what you meant.

You need to find and run that program called Fitbit Connect on your computer. Simple as that.

Might be an icon on your desktop, might be under your Start - Programs menu.

Might have uninstalled as part of upgrade attempt. There have been several upgrades lately, do you recall being told such and asked if you wanted to upgrade?

Look around for, you've seen what the icon looks like now, you know the name, just need to look and run it, just like you would run any other program on your computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dory0619 wrote:

I have had my fitbit since 2013 and installed it   and yes it was working fine now all of sudden I have nothing    what I was trying to explain to Dominque is that little icon  does not show any more, so does that mean some how my computer lost all the data and do I need to reinstall  and start all over?

Your Fitbit data is not stored on your computer, but on Fitbit's own server. It is therefore safe. If the little Fitbit icon disappeared from your System Tray, you can get it back by reinstalling Fitbit Connect. You can download Fitbit Connect at https://www.fitbit.com/start

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sync my Charge HR to my computer.  Took a walk today, showed 2600 something earlier, now it shows 1071 steps on my device and on my dashboard.  The walk was somewhere between 1.6 and 2.0 miles.  I haven't had the Fitbit long enough to know which number would be correct, the initial one, or the new one - but that fact that it showed two wildly differing numbers (and the later one went down) is very odd.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MacDuffie wrote:

I sync my Charge HR to my computer.  Took a walk today, showed 2600 something earlier, now it shows 1071 steps on my device and on my dashboard.  The walk was somewhere between 1.6 and 2.0 miles.  I haven't had the Fitbit long enough to know which number would be correct, the initial one, or the new one - but that fact that it showed two wildly differing numbers (and the later one went down) is very odd.

Did you manually log a walk on Fitbit as an activity with distance and calories?

Best Answer

Yes, I did.  I deleted the Activity entries and the steps came back.  I am utterly confused by this thing.  I understand that it automatically counts steps and so forth.  I went to my dashboard after the walk and thought I would check out Activities.  It had none listed, so it said I wasn't active, basically.  Hmmm... so I entered the walk manually and that's when the steps disappeared.  I can't believe how un-user friendly the instructions are on this device.  So do I never get anything logged in the Activities with the Charge HR?  Why is it on my Dashboard?  Appreciate the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes