Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steps recording to dashboard

ANSWERED

How many of you are having issues with  your actual steps showing on dashboard? 

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

I'd love to mark this as Solved - but I can't find a way to do that.  How do I?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MacDuffie wrote:

So do I never get anything logged in the Activities with the Charge HR?

OK, here is an example taken from my own day:

2015-01-25_2145.png

The "workout" that started at 9.10am and lasted for 56 minutes was weight lifting that got there because I used the timer function on my Charge HR. Fitbit only granted me 251 calories for that activity (which I felt didn't reflect the intensity), so I manually logged it as "circuit training", which gave me 473 calories. Fitbit will replace 251 with 473, so I will get an extra 222 calories.

The 1h06m "workouts" that started at 10.50am and 1.29pm were mixes of walking and jogging. They also got there because I used the timer function on the Charge HR. I didn't log them separately in the web-basd interface, since they were step-based activities that Fitbit should be able to track accurately.

So every activity that says "workout" is something that got there because you timed them on your tracker (you can edit "workout" to something else if you want). Every activity with another label is something you logged manually. The label will depend on what you picked up from the database. You can even create your own for activities that are not listed there.

Does that make sense to you?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@MacDuffie wrote:

You should see this in the lower right corner of every post:

2015-01-25_2201.png

Just click on Accept as Solution to mark it as solved. You can also give a thumbs up if you feel like it.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dominique wrote:

@MacDuffie wrote:

You should see this in the lower right corner of every post:

2015-01-25_2201.png

Just click on Accept as Solution to mark it as solved. You can also give a thumbs up if you feel like it.

@Dominique and @MacDuffie

I think you may have to start the thread in order to get the option to mark a response as a solution

Good luck

Marking your question "solved" lets others know that they may find an answer to a question they have in this thread
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya, don't manually log activities for a workout that is walking/running, it replaces what Fitbit saw and calculated. Unless you did more hills, carried more weight, pushed stroller, ect, that caused you to burn more than Fitbit could calculate right, but you better have a better estimate. But with Charge HR, just use that.

Now, you can manually log an activity record, and on some devices that is same function as sleep function pressing the button.

That merely takes that chunk of time, with whatever stats Fitbit saw, and lets you view them separately from the daily stats, where they would normally be hidden.

Now, you could manually log an activity for better calorie burn, and then I guess proceed to create an activity record for it, but not sure why, since the logging as activities separates the data for later viewing already.

And the Active comes in to play with NONE of the above specifically.

Whether buried in the Fitbit stats, or manually logged, if a minute of time is 3 x your resting calorie burn, it's given Active Minutes time, if 6 x then given Very Active Minutes.

It doesn't need to be an activity record for that to apply.

If you got no active minutes - you didn't burn enough calories for a whole minute at a time.

Not sure on the app, but on the website there is an "i" to hover over for more info that explains when you would use each item.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

whome wrote:

@Dominique and @MacDuffie

I think you may have to start the thread in order to get the option to mark a response as a solution

@whome:  good point! I may see Accept as Solution everywhere because I have an "updated" status.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  May I ask, what is an "updated" status? 😉  And how do I get one?  Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, makes total sense.  Thank you so much!

Still no "Mark as Solved" button - but you did answer my question! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MacDuffie wrote:

May I ask, what is an "updated" status? 😉  And how do I get one?  Smiley Very Happy

The "updated" status is the "CC" logo in my signature. "CC" stands for Community Council. You can learn more about it by clicking on the logo. I guess one "perk" of being a CC member is you can mark any post as solved.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Excellent, thank you!  Then you can mark your post as the solution to my question! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

seems I keep on getting responses   to a post   I wrote quite sometime ago,  wanted to let you all know my fitbit is working fine, and I appreciate all responses.  but no need to respond anymore. Hope you all have a great day Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having a similar issue. The dashboard does not show the same number of steps shown in my Fitbit Charge HR. Can anybody give me a hand to solve this problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@flaca wrote:

I am also having a similar issue. The dashboard does not show the same number of steps shown in my Fitbit Charge HR. Can anybody give me a hand to solve this problem? 

Did you manually log a Workout Record of walking or jogging some distance?

That will replace whatever steps Fitbit device reported with steps = distance / stride length calculated figure.

If that replaced steps hasn't synced back over to your device yet (and it may not), then the numbers won't agree.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Problem solved! I simply changed the settings to synchronise everything (clicked in all boxes: activities, food, HR...) and synced using the icon besides the time of my computer. Thanks for your help anyway. Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

recorded steps 4 or 5 days then stopped shows on my tracker but not on dashboard I even got shoe badge  Help?  I have restarted several times 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello. Have you tried a hard start?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I did that and entered a stride length also and has recorded  great ever since I had done before but must not have been doing correctly so thank you fro respoonding

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good. Did you get it to work than?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No  help at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Shibui, since you are experiencing the same issue, please make sure that your phone is running the most recent Fitbit app version. If the app is up to date, try logging out of the app, restart your phone, open the app and log in.

Finally, set up your Fitbit device from scratch and see if your steps get synced properly.

Hope this helps.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes