Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thinking of stopping using mfp

ANSWERED

i have been on mfp for a while now.  years actually.  fb too.  i have also done the other calorie counters like loseit and fat secret.  they all have pluses.  mfp has a great community.  loseit has good interface.  fat secret is good because it's the underdog.  i've also done the iwatch.

i am thinking it might just be simpler to use fb and dump the others.  any thoughts?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In my view, it would be about simplifying life. I couldn't imagine using five different things to accomplish one thing. Nothing is that important to me. Fitness should be uplifting and fun and engaging- not bogged down by platforms and tech issues. Find the simplest version that works and let the rest go. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I just logged my meals into FitBit yesterday and liked it.  Been using MFP for years too (on and off).  I like the idea of everything being on one platform.

Best Answer

@dadsafrantic I too have only recently joined the Fitbit Community. I was an Apple Watch user before and have had MFP for years.  I have stopped entering my food there and only enter it on the Fitbit app.  I love having all my stats in one place.  That being said, I keep the MFP app for a couple of reasons.  I have some of my own recipes entered there and I can refer to those when I need to.  Because of the size of their data base, sometimes I have to look up a food on MFP and then enter it on the Fitbit app.  Because I don't live in the U.S. everything doesn't scan in for me where on MFP, many items do scan and then I can move data from MFP to my Custom foods on Fitbit.  The third reason is if I make a new recipe, I can still do that in MFP and get all the nutritional information I need to then enter it once again into my custom foods.  This may sound complicated but once it is entered I have it.  In my opinion having everything I need in one place on one app and seeing the relationship between many items is so much better than trying to connect apps to one another and entering things in many apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SherryWalksAlot I agree completely

Best Answer

In my view, it would be about simplifying life. I couldn't imagine using five different things to accomplish one thing. Nothing is that important to me. Fitness should be uplifting and fun and engaging- not bogged down by platforms and tech issues. Find the simplest version that works and let the rest go. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer