Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabled Veterans

I am looking for other veterans with ideas on working with machines. The treadmill is my biggest challenge. Combat found me having to deal with prosthetics on the left leg. Where I find the difficulty is when the tread moves up to the maximum and I have to swing my leg in an arc to manage the workout. I stick to the walking series, for example, the Stacy Clark team and Shelly Rudd exercise programs. My current max speed is 3.2 because of the mobility issue and that's a challenge.

Anyone that has some ideas or just wants to team up to improve physically is welcome. 

Personally, my longevity extends to 3/4 of a century, and I work out from four to six times a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Jeff_Ret. and welcome to Fitbit Community,

I'm moving your post to a more appropriate section of the forum, hoping you will get the attention you need.

Good luck,

from a 1/2 century old guy 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jeff_Ret. so first, thank you for your service. I am hoping this Memorial Day will be a good one for you and yours. As for your question, I have found that when my knees are bothering me, it is easier to either do the elliptical or a stationary bike. You will see a decline in steps for these activities, but they are both really good for cardio and for easing up on aches and pains. There is a gentleman at my gym who also has a prosthetic leg (at the knee) and he uses both of those machines in addition to the treadmill. He actually runs on the treadmill, which probably sounds stupid, but it is impressive as heck to me. My longevity extends to 1/2 a century and I also work out 6 times per week 🙂

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes