Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

under the desk cycle

i am considering getting an under the desk cycle to use at my desk job. my first thought, however - lol - is how would i log this? does anyone else use one?

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

I have a desk cycle. I have to either put my hand on my thigh or attach my fitbit charge HR to my shoe. The desk cycle is a nice way to get some "steps" when I can't get away from my desk.

Best Answer

That's a great idea I never thought of that! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got one about 6 weeks ago to keep my knee moving before I go for a total knee replacement. Like @LaurenBeland, I put my HR in my shoe when I peddle. Granted, the workout is not as good as actually walking around, but it has helped me maintain 6,000 steps/day, keeping my knee as limber as possible ... Which will make rehab easier.

Now, I have my eye on an under-the-desk elliptical peddler. Figure that will be a good way to keep getting the extra steps in. And it allows me to adjust the pressure, which will provide a better work out when I would otherwise be sitting still. Hey, moving is ALWAYS better than staying still!
Best Answer

I have a Deskcycle (the brand) and I you can change resistence and it's great.  Also regarding tracking:  I understand that the fitbit Surge and Blaze do track stationary bikes, so probably work with desk cycles.  No idea for sure though.

Best Answer

Unfortunately I need my hands to type. 

Deskcycle has a calorie calculator here http://www.deskcycle.com/CalorieCalculator.html.  Seems a bit inflated to me but who knows. I am manually logging an activity each day based on that calorie converter. 

Too bad the Charger 2 does not have a way to auto log this. Would be great to have this count towards the daily 10K steps goal I set for myself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been using a DeskCycle for three years and love it.  I put my Fitbit Flex 2 in an anklet made for it (from Etsy) and it works perfectly!  I cycled 40 miles yesterday and ended up with almost 16,000 steps! Yeehaw!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good for you, @SusieOpperia !  I got a Cubii under desk elliptical and use it every morning with my Fitbit in my slipper. I have a bad knee and this allows me to loosen it up without the pressure. It really helps! I’m up to 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day, thanks to this method. 

Best Answer

Can I link my mini trainer to my Fitbit to count steps?

Best Answer

@Lpendgraft - You can place your Fitbit in your slipper or around your ankle (with an extender, available from third party sellers) but please know that while this effectively counts “steps,” it will skew your heart rate info. But if steps are your goal, this is a solution ... and one that I still use daily. 

Best Answer
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes