Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what to do when you are limit

I have a fused ankle so i cant run,push ups, ect so i need help to figure out thing i can do to build muscle and lose weight.Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

You really need to ask your Dr about what you can do. You can lose weight without exercise. Just reduce your calorie consumption.

Please ask your DR on the exercise

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@dacia

I think one place to start is by finding exercises you think you would enjoy, and thinking of ways you can modify them to accommodate your ankle. For example, doing pushups on your knees. Without knowing your specific limitations (impact tolerance, range of motion, etc.) it's really hard to say what would work for you specifically. I'd start with getting some ideas from your doctor, and then do some research on modified exercises.

Best Answer

First you should figure out which you want to do, build muscle or lose weight since doing them at the same time is next to impossible. To lose weight you have to be in the negative for muscle you have to be in surpluss. Once you know what you would like to focus on, I agree with Wendy, ask your doctor or see if you can go to a physical therapist to work out a routine that can help. These days you are not limited to just running or walking- there are cross trainers, bikes, step climbers- all kinds of machines that can help raise your HR.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dacia wrote:

I have a fused ankle so i cant run,push ups, ect so i need help to figure out thing i can do to build muscle and lose weight.Smiley Very Happy

Did you go through any physical therapy?

I would recommend working with your doctor(s)/physical therapist, and coming up with a plan.

Best Answer
0 Votes