Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will fitbit coach include heart rate data in its decisions?

we give feedback to fitstar and it uses that for our next workout

I've read fitbit coach may see you went for a bike ride on monday so may suggest to work certain body parts on Tuesday

will fitbit coach in some way utilize heart rate data to make its decisions? 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@SunsetRunner wrote:

we give feedback to fitstar and it uses that for our next workout

I've read fitbit coach may see you went for a bike ride on monday so may suggest to work certain body parts on Tuesday

will fitbit coach in some way utilize heart rate data to make its decisions? 

That's a definite maybe.  Why?  Because heart rates can and will be dramatically different from person to person for any given workout.  Unless the system is written to track your personal heart rate history over weeks or months, then heart rate data from any one workout will be irrelevant.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm, I don't think it would just because of possible liability issues. But, I have been wrong before, so we shall see.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

It makes sense for it to keep track of which body parts are being worked, and make suggestions based on that. But I agree with @emili that it sounds problematic to use heart rate data in fitbit coach. There's just too much variance between people and even within a person the rhythms can have big differences.

It could potentially monitor your cardio fitness score, and suggest certain types of exercise that would improve it. But that's just me dreaming a dream...

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer