Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

working out late at night and eating

I am new to all of this, I just got the Charge HR two weeks ago. It was my reward for losing 30 pounds, yay me!

Due to my schedule I find it easier to workout late at night. I usually go running well after dinner from 8:30-9:30pm-ish, quick shower and in bed by 10:30.

My question is should I be eating for recover after my run just before going to sleep? I never have before but my runs are getting far more intense with time and I am considering starting some weight lifting.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

A good rule of thumb is...

Workout when you can, and eat when you're hungry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndyDandyPandy

@AndyDandyPandy wrote:
don't eat past 6 or 8pm. To me that's bull

I know what you mean. Years ago I did an extreme routine and it worked, but I couldn't maintain it after I reached my goal, so I backslid, and rebounded to a far worse place. I'm losing weight slowly now, and my numbers for cholesterol and blood pressure are improving, and my doctor is happy with my progress. I know I could lose weight faster if I made dramatic changes to my food and alcohol habits, but I'm making changes slowly. This way, the changes will be easier to live with and easier to stick to. 

Sometimes, I have to eat late because sometimes I work late, and my commute is long. If I'm hungry, I'll sleep badly. What I'm doing now is eating less, and eating a bit more slowly (to be able to feel full before I eat more than I need to), and not snacking when I'm not hungry.

Best Answer
0 Votes