Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To: Ask A Question of the Community

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Follow these steps to kick off a new topic or ask a question:

1. Type your question into the Search field on the Community home page or any of our forum board pages. As you type, a dropdown menu will appear with some suggested results.

2. Click on a result to be directed to a relevant conversation. If you do not find a thread pertaining to your topic, visit the forum where you want your question or discussion to appear.

3. Click the Start a Topic button at the top-left of the forum. 

4. Compose your post.

5. Add a descriptive subject.

6. Finally, click "Post" to publish your message.

By default, the Subscriptions box will be checked. This ensures that you receive a notification when others respond to your post. If you do not want to receive a notification, you can simply uncheck the box before publishing, or unsubscribe later from the Topic page. Learn more about Community Subscriptions.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I'm trying to post a new question and my Ask the Community button doesn't show up.  Do I need to change a setting or something?

Best Answer

@madamvegas We've refined the design of this interface a little bit - the "Looking For Answers" section is a simple search of the Community. If you decide that there are no existing topics that match your question, you can instead click the "New Topic" button to make a new thread.

Best Answer

Not finding the New Topic button.

Best Answer

@lynneshawn The "New Topic" button will appear beneath the search box in any forum you visit. 

Best Answer

Lynne, I don't see it either.

Best Answer

@cdonegan The New Topic button does not appear on the main page of the Community. As soon as you click into any of the forums, you will see it at the top of that forum listing.

The best way to join a discussion is to use the search box, as described in the primary post of this thread. There are many ongoing discussions here on the Community, and there is a good chance that once of them is what you're looking for. The New Topic button can be used after you've done some looking around, if you don't find a discussion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did look around and didn't find anything else related to my question.
That's why I was looking for a new topic option. After much additional
search, I found someone suggesting that different levels of yoga be shown
in the activity log. And that's what my question was about - although
tangentially.

So now that I have you --- I used to be able to select Bikram Yoga in the
activity log. That option is no longer available -- only one kind of yoga
is shown. And different types of yoga do have different calorie burns. Is
this an "enhancement" or will it change back?

Best Answer

@cdonegan Just for reference, see image below to figure out how to post a "New topic".

New topic.jpg

Regarding your question about activities, that's correct. There have been some changes to activity names in Activity search under the Activity log. The reason for this change is to allow room for some exercises and activiteis that have been requested by users and to clean up/remove some of the lesser-used activities that we have not seen used as often. 

Your activity has not been removed from our database but will not appear in the search results. For any feedback, please join the official discussion here.

If you're unable to find Bikram Yoga and it's not listed in "Favorites" or in "Recent" tabs, please create a custom activity by typing the name of the activity and selecting "Create a custom activity". You should see it then under "Favorites".

yoga.jpg

Happy Monday!

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer