Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 Calorie Pack Ideas

ANSWERED

I am looking for ideas for 100 calorie Snack Pack ideas. I'm looking for generic brands OR easily packaged ones. I'm looking for sweet things- ie-- Fudge Covered Sandies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Drizzled Rice Pops, etc. I bag my own snack packs of crackers, pretzels, veggies, raisins, fruits, etc but am having a hard time finding affordable sweet treats that are easily broken down into 100 calorie packs. Either generic brand pre-packaged or normal size ones that are easily portioned! Any and all ideas welcomed!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

I love Orville Redenbacker 100 calorie snack packs of Kettle Korn popcorn. Just enough to satisfy a snack attack. This may sound strange but I try to only eat one or two kernals at a time to make it last longer. I also like Werther's original hard candy - less than 30 calories for one piece and you can suck on it for 5 minutes or so. 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there! I have searched some 100-calorie snacks and found many of them!

Your first option is fruit Cat Happy They are low calories, super filling and you'll get a ton of benefits and flavor!  I had no idea half of a cantaloupe was less than 100 calories Smiley Surprised

When fruit is not an option; here are some sweet examples:

1. 13 whole almonds
  2. 2 squares dark chocolate
  3. 1 container yoplait light
  4. 2 cups popped popcorn
  5. 1 oatmeal cookie
  6. 3 tbsp dried cherries
  7. 1 small scoop low fat ice cream
  8. 2 jaffa cakes
  9. 4 marshmellows
  10. plain greek yogurt with 1 tbsp honey
  11. small banana with almond butter
  12. 7 yogurt covered pretzels
  13. 13 animal crackers
  14. 2 twizzlers
  15. All the 100 packs from many brands

Hope they help! Let me know if you have any questions Cat Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

One cookie has at least 100 calories, so that's pretty easy to break down and package.

Started with a Flex. Now have ChargeHR.
Contact Customer Support

Best Answer

I love Orville Redenbacker 100 calorie snack packs of Kettle Korn popcorn. Just enough to satisfy a snack attack. This may sound strange but I try to only eat one or two kernals at a time to make it last longer. I also like Werther's original hard candy - less than 30 calories for one piece and you can suck on it for 5 minutes or so. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there! I have searched some 100-calorie snacks and found many of them!

Your first option is fruit Cat Happy They are low calories, super filling and you'll get a ton of benefits and flavor!  I had no idea half of a cantaloupe was less than 100 calories Smiley Surprised

When fruit is not an option; here are some sweet examples:

1. 13 whole almonds
  2. 2 squares dark chocolate
  3. 1 container yoplait light
  4. 2 cups popped popcorn
  5. 1 oatmeal cookie
  6. 3 tbsp dried cherries
  7. 1 small scoop low fat ice cream
  8. 2 jaffa cakes
  9. 4 marshmellows
  10. plain greek yogurt with 1 tbsp honey
  11. small banana with almond butter
  12. 7 yogurt covered pretzels
  13. 13 animal crackers
  14. 2 twizzlers
  15. All the 100 packs from many brands

Hope they help! Let me know if you have any questions Cat Happy

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Idea: Don't buy them.

While it might be easier to just buy those packs, it's easy to 1) overdo it. 2) Not read the label and find out there's a lot of bad things packed in it like high carbs.

There's healthier ideas for 100 calories such as packing fruits and veggies in freshness bags.

Best Answer

I would agree 100% with Joseph.

Packaged food is absolutely terrible for you. Though I know it isn't always practical for every person, try avoiding anything processed. Something advertised as "low calorie", "sugar free", "fat free", had to get there somewhere. Unfortunately, large brand companies are sacrificing pure ingredients for something that is chemcially altered. While some things are naturally low calorie (raw veggies) and some things are fat free (fat free cheese or milk), other things,  for example fat free crackers, have been chemically altered.

Something sweet that would be low calorie, high protein (protein makes you full), is plain greek yogurt. Add some fruit or raw honey, and bam. A cup of nonfat plain greek yogurt only has about 120 calories, but has 14-15 grams of protein.

Competitive Crossfitter
Novice Runner
Getting Better EVERY Day
Best Answer

Hi there dognurse, this is what I do.  I buy those snack size baggies and put my own stuff in.  This way, you are only getting a few of cookies, pretzels, etc.  I also find animal crackers a good treat.  Crunch and satisfies sweet tooth.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm based in the UK and have always got an emergency stash of Slim Fast chocolate bars.

There are 3 varieties and are gorgeous and gooey and at 97 calories a bar are perfect for covering the chocolate craving.

(And even better in superdrug currently on offer at 35p per bar!!!)

Best Answer

Roasted peanuts, in the shell (with or without salt, I prefer salted). 1 ounce of peanuts in the shell comes out to about 2/3 of an ounce without the shell, which is close to 100 cal.

I like the flavor of these better than the ones in jar or can.  Plus, having to crack the shell slows you down (ie  prolongs the pleasure).  

It's not many peanuts.  Drink with water and resist the urge to eat more.  In 5-10 minutes, the hunger pangs (not "pains") subside.  At least, it works for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I mix the popcorn with mini marshmellows and mini choc chips.  You  get enough choc and marshmellow to satisfy the sweet tooth and the popcorn is the filler.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I agree with this entirely! I actually just watched a video about this the other day. These chemically altered foods (such as low-fat, fat free, sugar fee) all have been proven to make you cling on to fat. The reason being is that your body has no idea what to do with these chemicals and does not know how to digest them so instead it stores them on your body as fat. I'll admit that I'm a junk-food lover, but now that I'm aware this is what happensto my body when I eat this stuff I'm trying hard to switch to natural fruits and veggies for my snacks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Switching from junk food to natural snacks can be tough! We are so used to super salty or really sweet snacks. Good luck with your journey @BrianaNicoleSmiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dognurse Berfore you decide to have 100 cal packs, find out what is your active methabolism - how many cal`s your body needs for your dailly activities; and your basal methabolism - how many cal`s your body burns in 24h for functions - no activity. 

If your body needs 2500 cal a day, you will have a problem..

@PaleoCrossfit I agree with you that proteins will make you full, but also will fibres do that, with even less cal`s and no fat. 🙂

@rightdx I agree with you to about water, a lot of people has mixed signal from body to the head ;), body is thirsty and the head process that info into " I need food"..

@dognurse wrote:

I am looking for ideas for 100 calorie Snack Pack ideas. I'm looking for generic brands OR easily packaged ones. I'm looking for sweet things- ie-- Fudge Covered Sandies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Drizzled Rice Pops, etc. I bag my own snack packs of crackers, pretzels, veggies, raisins, fruits, etc but am having a hard time finding affordable sweet treats that are easily broken down into 100 calorie packs. Either generic brand pre-packaged or normal size ones that are easily portioned! Any and all ideas welcomed!

Best Answer
0 Votes