Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3-Day Military Diet

Has anyone tried this diet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

It's not a military diet without SOS (stuff on shingle). And where is the red beer for Saturday morning breakfast? 

Moderator edit: Word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am shocked at your reply.  It is a very positive diet plan that has contributed to me loosing weight and coming off of my insulin.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Steelesingn wrote:

Has anyone tried this diet?

No, but this article would appear to give a pretty good assessment of it:

https://dailyburn.com/life/health/3-day-military-diet/

As often, when something sounds too good to be true, it isn’t.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Well, I have tried it and it works.  I have tried many ways to loose and this by far is the best I've ever tried.  Along with walking and challenging my friends on my fitbit, my life has changed for the better.  I was just asking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, the "Twinkie diet" also works. Any diet that puts you in a caloric deficit works (if weight loss is the goal). However, some ways of creating a caloric deficit are smarter / more optimal than others.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Steelesingn@Dominique,

I'm a little curious how you participated in all these challenges when you just registered today. Perhaps if you made your profile public, I could see I'm in error. 

Keep in mind, Dominique and I have been around for awhile. He is considerably younger than I and lagging behind a bit in the average calories burned a day. And based in percentage body fat, he is a bit chubbier than I. But hey, he is one of the experts at controlling his weight, and he tells us beforehand which direction he is headed.

At 65, I'm at the same weight I was during my second year at the Air Force Academy. Yeah, that's right. I actually ate a military diet, which during boot camp averaged 6,000 calories a day. 

If you want to eat a REAL military diet, check out this site. Three meals a day at 1,250 calories a meal and an exercise plan that goes with it. You know, something like pursuing an enemy on foot through the Afghan mountains. Or knocking on doors in Kabul. Sort of like trick or treating, but you can get shot at instead of getting candy.

Eat what you want, but don't steal valor from the military to sell a product. Maybe I should pedal a "Jesus" diet of vinegar on a sponge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After reading your comments, I wish not to communicate with such a negative individual.  I send positive energy your way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Steelesingn,

I appreciate the positive energy. Maybe someday, I'll learn tact and diplomacy. Meanwhile, I'll pass on some serious information. Keep in mind, my efforts demonstrate I care about you enough to spend time making these posts. 

According to your profile, you are 53 years old. You mentioned you came off insulin as a result of your diet. Many people only have to lose a little weight to have this happen. I'm putting on my serious face now. Most dietary diseases make their appearance between the ages of 34 and 65. A person who has one of them likely has the onset of all the others. The Army diet has been around in different forms since the 1920's. It involves counting or at least greatly restricting calories. It doesn't work. The usual pattern is a lifetime of large weight swings that are harmful to a person's health. 

@Dominiquecan describe a way of eating you are likely to be able to follow that will at least control your weight and reduce the chances of getting the dietary diseases. The way of eating I follow is likely too stringent for you now. Maybe later, you will ask. 

Meanwhile, I'll send some prayers your way and then shut up. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Steelesingn

Hi, I had never heard of the 3 Day Military Diet, so I just looked it up and read it. Assuming it's the same thing (I only read 1 article), it specifically says it's only meant for 3 days, not something longterm. For myself, I can see doing this in order to get a big loss at the beginning or to restart a weight loss journey for encouragement and motivation. After that, I would make sure to follow a normal caloric deficit and be sure to exercise regularly. I don't want to disagree with @GershonSurge or @Dominique. (I've been around long enough to know that they know what they're talking about and have results to back it up. I've been around awhile, but I don't have results to back anything up.) However, I will say that I like the sound of it better than something like the 'twinkie' diet. It has some healthy foods, just not enough of them to be sustainable, along with high fat comfort foods. I don't think the combination of foods is really supposed to help lose weight, just the low calorie part of it. I don't know that I would do this diet myself thought. I'm in a wishful state myself right now, not action. I keep making plans but get discouraged very early in the day. Something concrete like this 'diet' would show definite results quickly and hopefully jumpstart the motivation to get myself up off the couch and get moving for real. Good luck on your journey!

Best Answer