Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding your meals.

How many of you add everything you eat during the day. I have started adding everything I eat or drink. Some are a bit difficult to figure out if it is a homemade meal. But I kinda just add what is in it the best I can. Just trying to figure out about what goes in. Another question is about the food stats. Since there is no longer adobe flash player plugin, we can't do the food stat category.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I used to log all my food to keep track of my day. Now I just know from years of doing it how many calories each meal should be to keep me in my goal for the day. you can also do an internet search for your homemade meals and it will give you an estimate of calories that may be closer to "real". Unless, you weigh out your ingredients before cooking, divide it by the number of meals you plan to have it for and come up with your number. That is probably the most accurate of all the inaccurates 🙂

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

@emili thanks for the reply and the ideas. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I add everything but not because I'm counting calories, I'm more interested in knowing that I'm getting proper nutrition. The bad thing is, when you scan a barcode for nutritional information, it never (in my cases) matches the actual package information. So I end up customizing the item which takes time and should be unnecessary. A tip I read a couple of years ago is to always weigh your food (I use grams) rather than measuring (tablespoons, etc.) because you get a much more accurate count. Also, if you're making a dish... like a salad... save it as a custom food and it will be there when you make it again. Happy healthy eating!

Best Answer

@emili thanks for the ideas provided. Hi @wildwilly018 @PoodleMamaof7, it's great to see you here. 

@wildwilly018 thanks for the details shared about your inquiry. You should try the suggestions provided by our friend @emili to get more accurate information about your homemade food. 

@PoodleMamaof7 thanks for providing those tips to log our food. I think it's a great idea to weigh the food rather than measuring it 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes