Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone combining Low Carb with Intermittent fasting?

Hi, 

I have been having success with intermittent fasting and with low carb, but never tried the combination before. Anyone who has done this and know if it works? I usually do the 5:2 diet where I limit to a 500 kcal intake and on my low carb I keep my net carbs to 30 grams. 

Just want to make sure that I am not straining my body too much? 

Thanks, 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Based on my observations, most proponents of intermittent fasting appear to favour low-carb diets, so I would think IF + low-carb is a pretty common combination. How "straining" a diet is depends primarily on calories (size of deficit) and duration, less so on macronutrients and meal frequency.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Yes, I practice low carb and I.F. I'm having great success with it.

Best Answer

Hi @KizzyD88 -- I have to agree with @Dominique -- People who try Intermittent Fasting often come from the low carb or Keto "camp".  In my case, eating low carb diminishes my hunger so it's much easier to skip meals.  I think of Keto as being in a quasi fasted state, king of like the "fasting mimicking diet".

I don't think "straining" is an issue; on the contrary, I'd say that fasting without strong hunger pangs is less stressful than otherwise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think intermittent fasting is a huge key, keeping it simple when we eat our body says store fat and when we fast it burns fat.  I consider myself on "modified" keto as my carbs are not super low but totally set free on the fat thing (research shows healthy fat does not equal obesity, it's really the insulin being jacked up from the horrible high sugar processed stuff).  This has helped me to get away from being obsessed with exercising so I can eat junk (which resulted in injuries due to straining my body too much).  

Best Answer