Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binge drinking 1 to 2 a month

ANSWERED

Hi, I just started fitbit the 15th of march and I am pretty satisfied with it.

I find it hard to walk my 8000 steps a day since im at my desk.... but try my best on weekend and go usually for 10 000/12 000 steps.

I have been heating a deficit of 750 cals a day and try and exercises everyday by doing 30mn cardio or 40mn strength workouts at home.

I have lost 4 pounds already.

I am just wondering about binge drinking . I never drink during the week and only go out once or twice a month but I go all out... and drinking = hangover= hangover food.

Would that really impact my weightloss?

Also I find it hard to loose weight the closer I get to my goal.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your drinking pattern is likely less detrimental to weight loss than if you had 1-2 drinks every day, but it’s detrimental nevertheless: directly via the calories (which depend quite a lot on the actual drinks: e.g. sugary cocktails vs. beer vs. wine etc.) and indirectly, via the poor decisions you’re making while and after drinking. Independently of the impact on weight loss, there’s also the longer-term impact on your health, so other reasons why you may want to reduce your intake of alcohol.  

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Your drinking pattern is likely less detrimental to weight loss than if you had 1-2 drinks every day, but it’s detrimental nevertheless: directly via the calories (which depend quite a lot on the actual drinks: e.g. sugary cocktails vs. beer vs. wine etc.) and indirectly, via the poor decisions you’re making while and after drinking. Independently of the impact on weight loss, there’s also the longer-term impact on your health, so other reasons why you may want to reduce your intake of alcohol.  

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

To add to @Dominique points. Try thinking about drinking this way. Have you ever heard:

I feel so much healthier since I start drinking

I lose 20 pounds since I started drinking

I could go on and on. The media makes drinking look glamorous and gives the impression that you must have a drink in your hand at a party to have fun, but how much fun is it wake up with a hangover? Much more fun to go to a party, enjoy and remember the time spent with friends and be able to wake up the next day feel healthy, rested and ready for an adventure. 

Good luck @kathsdg on your personal journey to a healthier lifestyle. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

I so agree with @Dominique

I love my wine. But I keep it to weekends and I have 2 glasses for 2 days.

When we go out with others I always have a glass of water beside my wine. Helps to limit me.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer