Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking The Cycle Of Sugary Beverage Consumption

An interesting article on Breaking The Cycle Of Sugary Beverage Consumption.  I long ago swtiched to drinking mostly plain water and black coffee, but it can be difficult getting off of the sugary beverages.

When the astonishingly successful and talented band Chicago wrote the lyrics “I’m addicted to you babe, you’re a hard habit to break,” they could have been referring to those addicted to or at least think they are, to sugary beverages.  Regardless whether drinking sugary beverages is a true addiction or not, what we do know for sure is the many and scientifically proven hazards to our health these super-sweetened drinks bestow upon us.  From excess empty calories devoid of any nutritional value to being linked with the development of tooth decay, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis, heart disease, weight gain, gout, high blood pressure and kidney stones.  Why wouldn’t we want to quit the madness?

If you are finding reducing your consumption of sugary beverages a hard habit to break, you are not alone.  Many people are embroiled in a vicious cycle of sipping one too many sodas, energy drinks, fruit punch, lemonade, sweet tea or overly sugared-up coffee drinks making it tough to sever the cycle.  But, it can and must be done for the sake of your long-term health.  In the short-run, you may notice few if any ill effects.  But keep up the never ending round of one sugary drink after another, and within time, your health will suffer.

Read full article here:  Breaking The Cycle Of Sugary Beverage Consumption

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Gave it up many moons ago. I would say at least 15 years maybe more.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes