Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carbs help.

ANSWERED

Hello, I have been reading on carb articles on which are good and bad and I'd like to know how much carbohydrates I should be eating daily and please give me a list of which are good carbs and bad carbs. My goal is to lose 10kgs, gain muscle in 6 weeks.

Note: I eat white rice, vegetable, meat or fish for dinner 90% of the time and I'd like you to tell me how to Improve this meal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

First of all, eating carbs is not what makes people fat: overeating (= eating more than the energy your body needs based on your activity level) is what causes your body to store extra calories as fat.

Given that you are 14 and in a growing phase, I wouldn’t advise you to restrict your intake or think too much about "good carbs" vs. "bad carbs". Carbs are the preferred fuel for your activity: spend more time doing physical activity (which is probably the reason why you got a Fitbit) like walking, jogging, playing football, basketball etc. and less time on video games, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram etc. In other words, give your body a reason to use what you are eating to fuel your growth and your activity, instead of storing it as fat.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

First of all, eating carbs is not what makes people fat: overeating (= eating more than the energy your body needs based on your activity level) is what causes your body to store extra calories as fat.

Given that you are 14 and in a growing phase, I wouldn’t advise you to restrict your intake or think too much about "good carbs" vs. "bad carbs". Carbs are the preferred fuel for your activity: spend more time doing physical activity (which is probably the reason why you got a Fitbit) like walking, jogging, playing football, basketball etc. and less time on video games, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram etc. In other words, give your body a reason to use what you are eating to fuel your growth and your activity, instead of storing it as fat.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

@GodHenry wrote:

My goal is to lose 10kgs, gain muscle in 6 weeks. 

This is totally unrealistic: too much weight in too little time. Also, losing weight and gaining muscle require a different environment: for optimal weight loss, you need to be in a caloric deficit; for optimal muscle gains, you need to be in a caloric surplus. Make long-lasting changes to your habits (improve your eating, increase your exercising, get enough sleep etc.) and you will reach your goals. Don’t fall for miraculous plans that promise you a six-pack in just a few weeks.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

How do you do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes