Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detox, give it a try!

A detox is giving your body "a break" so it can improve its performance, heal and regenerate. A successful detox will give you energy, vitality and health! You will sleep better and for sure, you will look better without all the toxins. 

Here is one simple idea to start our detox! 

Lemon and Ginger Detox: 12 ounces of water, juice of ½ a lemon,  ½ inch knob of fresh ginger root. Just add your lemon juice to the water and then grate the ginger into it using a cheese grater.

ginger.jpg

Share your recipes and experiences! Woman Very Happy
Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

You have got to be joking. We're human beings. As such, we have several systems in place to do these things for us. We sweat. We exhale. We ..um...void, or eliminate if you prefer. Our bodies take what we consume, use what it can and either transform excess to adipose tissue, glucose or send it out. 

There is never a need to "detox". Even if you're doing drugs - your body will work those out of your system, too. All you have to do is stop putting bad things in your body. 

There is never a need to detox. Never. 

Further - there is absolutely no evidence that "detoxing" is completely safe. (if you do this for an extended period of time) 

Don't believe me, check in with WebMD. 

There are no shortcuts to healthy living. Just don't eat junk on a regular basis. You want cheese doodles every now and then? Fine - your body will convert to waste things it doesn't recognize as nutrients. No need for detoxing. Ever. Just drink water. That's all the detox you'll ever need. 

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese
Best Answer

Thanks @Ukase! I really appreciate you took the time to share with us! See you around! Woman Wink

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

@CindyFitbit Excellent idea! I will definitely try that out this weekend. Thank you for sharing this, looks tasty. Smiley LOL Can't wait to detox. 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I agree with you @CindyFitbit we all should have a detox every now and then, I will definitely try it thanks for sharing 😄 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

@CindyFitbit Thank you for sharing this recipe with us. 

@Ukase Thank you for your point of view, to each his own.

While it is true that our boddy gets rid of toxines on it's own it can need some help sometimes, not only because you are not eating healthly enough but because some toxins tend to stay in your system. Your kidneys can be overworked and cleaning them can be helpfull for you. Also at the gym when you are going from one phase to another and you are taking supplements or protein a detox phase between that and a  phase where you are lowering your body fat is recommended. It will also make it more effective. 

Detox can also be used after a sick period. When you have to take medicine to get better you are also getting extra crap into your system that doesn't need to stay there longer than needed, a quick detox phase can help at that point. 

See you around!

Best Answer

@CindyFitbit I think I will try it not only because a Detox would do me a lot of good but actually because of the lemon/ginger mix. That just looks yummy, I love both tastes. 

Another good detox drink is cucumber juice. It helps cleaning your kidneys and helps avoid any kidney stones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CindyFitbit I love to drink infused water to detox. My favorite one is cucumber, grapefruit, and mint leaves. Cucumber is a great diuretic, grapefruit is packed with fat-burning enzymes, and mint can ease any tummy woes. Cheers!

infused water.jpg

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing this @CindyFitbit! looks great and will definitely try it.  Smiley Very Happy

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

It looks like tastes great. Although whether or not necessary, it won't do anything bad to our bodies but provide healthy citrus. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

You are welcome! @SantiR & @MaginB let's detox! 

Thanks for the great tips @Lequack!

Yes @SunsetRunner I know, its delicious! Will try soon the cucumber juice, maybe with some lemon juice, yum!

Thanks for this recipe @LucyAP it looks amazing and for sure taste delicious! 

Let me know how it goes @DavideFitbitWoman Wink

Thanks for sharing your opinion @EdsonFitbit.

See you all around and again thanks for sharing! Heart

Best Answer

Ukase, you are right on point but in order to spread you awesome word, maybe you can try toning your message down a little more gently! It would get across to more people that really need to hear it!!  I check things out at the all mighty Mayo Clinic!  http://www.mayoclinic.org/search/search-results?q=detox%20cleanse

Best Answer

@lovetolaff66 I agree with you, tone and wording can really make a conversation more productive. Also thank you for the link. I think it is worth differentiating a Detox diet and a Detox drink. While the diet might be a little drastic and it is definitely more of a jump start than a long term solution. I see nothing wrong to adding natural drinks that help you boost your body's ability to get rid of the toxins. And that is exactly what this drinks do. couple that to a healthy diet and you will definitely make your body a favor!

Also as @EdsonFitbit mentioned. The drink can do no harm, is like drinking carrot-orange juice to get a little Iron and Vitamin C to boost you defences. 

@LucyAP Thank you for the recipe. that not only looks delicious with the mint in it it must be really refreshing too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will agree with @Ukase on this. If you have a functioning liver, kidneys, colon and lungs; your body is cleaning itself. 

Water infusions are awesome if you can't stand plain water, but none of them have any "detoxing" properties; since "detox" is a real medical claim applied to patients with lead or mercury poisoning. No lemon water or blueberries there. 

I could give them a go, as a water infussion or course! They seem tasty and I get tired of raspberry water Smiley Sad

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Hi Cindy, question on how long do you do this clense? 1 day or several days???

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your opinion @HelenaFitbit! It's always good to hear different point of views. 

Hey @fluffy2015 thanks for joining us! I usually drink it for 3 days and enjoy it as the first thing in the morning. It is a great way to hydrate and detox while enjoying some vibrant and natural flavor! 

See you later! Woman Wink

Best Answer

I just gave it a try and it was delicious, maybe because I made it, lol. Smiley Wink Thanks for sharing this with us @CindyFitbit.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Great @EdsonFitbit I'm glad you enjoyed it, I know it's delicious! We should share some infusions some time! 

See ya! Woman Wink

Best Answer

Is there any detox drink for removing excess fat from the belly area?

Belly fat is hard to beat even after an intense workout with the correct abdominal exercises and I'm unable to get the best detox drink for flat belly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here I was thinking somebody else tried Sober October. I am finding (again) that the old bad habit isn't as hard to live without as I thought, and the doing without is having some positive effects on my mood, sleep, complexion, guts, weight, and a bunch of other stuff too. So- "detox" from that once in a while. It's good for you.  Smiley LOL

Overall I'm mostly in the camp of the first responder, where we have a liver and kidneys and they have a job to do, and unless you're literally eating/drinking poison, they'll do it well unless you are dehydrated (many people are), have cirrhosis, or renal issues, etc. BUT, with that said, ginger mint grapefruit infused water? Sign me up. That looks delicious, and I'm gonna try that even if it doesn't detox a thing.

Y'all be well. 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes