Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dietary fiber

ANSWERED

Why doesn't fitbit deduct dietary fiber from your total net carbs???

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Jen8675 and welcome to the Community.  I moved your post to the Healthy Eating forum, a better fit for this topic.

Edit:  I found this information after doing some searching.  The FDA regulates food labels in the US.  Manufacturers list net carbs on packaging, but there is no legal definition for net carbs.  This is why they aren't included in the nutrition labels.  Fitbit uses the FDA nutrition labels.  I can't comment on any other country's database.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Jen8675 and welcome to the Community.  I moved your post to the Healthy Eating forum, a better fit for this topic.

Edit:  I found this information after doing some searching.  The FDA regulates food labels in the US.  Manufacturers list net carbs on packaging, but there is no legal definition for net carbs.  This is why they aren't included in the nutrition labels.  Fitbit uses the FDA nutrition labels.  I can't comment on any other country's database.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good point, guess you have to do the adjustment yourself and only enter in the net carbs as per the package label or whatever the basic % might be in case it's a whole food e.g. fruit or veggie?

Best Answer
0 Votes