Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficult to find generic foods in the tracker

The bar code scanner almost never works, so I tend to just pick something generic that's close enough, which isn't great. But even then —when I want to search for things, it's struggling to find what I'm looking for. I just want to add plain rice ...I search for "rice", and the first option I get is: "Rice Casserole with Cheese". Why?
Is it the closets result to my query? No.
Is it just listing everything in alphabetical order? No
Is it the most popular item under "rice"? No, surely it can't be.

It's like the algorithm in the background just goes: here is a list of all items containing the word "rice", and displays them arbitrarily ...or maybe in the order it finds them?

Could you add a sorting pass when fetching results, pls?
A preference for generics (non-brand items) near the top would be good if it's a close match.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Even worse - when trying to find generic calories for milk (full fat, semiskimmed or skimmed), the first that comes up is "Milkfish", followed by "Milk (Nonfat, Dry)" and "Milk, vinegar and sugar dressing". The first listing for milk itself is Milk (Tesco) without any  fat contents information. Surely Tesco sells both full fat and skimmed milk! Please, provide useable data for generics!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am an vegetarian, Indian. Most of the food I consume are not logged in FITBIT app. So I have started to key them manualy. This results in not getting details of the food content such as fibre, fat etc. Since I am diabetic, i am keen on knowing the intake. Are you planning to work on this. Thanks for your response.

By the way, I love FITBIT, for the amount of information I get. It has been 4 lovely months since I started using FITBIT.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think your suggestion to add a sorting pass when fetching results is a great idea. This would help to prioritize the most relevant results based on factors like popularity or proximity to the search term. Additionally, adding a preference for generic items near the top would be a helpful feature, especially when it's a close match.

Best Answer