Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eating better

I want to start eating more so that I can gain weight and have more energy for exercise so that I can tone myself (put on muscle and not gain too much fat) but I don't know where to start or what to eat?

If anyone can provide me with healthy but suitable meal ideas (for lunch at both school and home and breakfast) and snacks then that would be brilliant! I'd like to start eating more protein and fiber based foods (I eat mainly carbs, and very little fat but i'll keep those the same or eat a little more fat too)

I know I ought to see a doctor, but I don't have an appointment yet and I want to start eating better now.

Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I had to start the same thing too. I was fed up with having no muscle so I started a weightlifting and exercise routine in college. My current nutrition was not up to snuff and I was tired all the time. Here's a few staples I'd recommend keeping around that helped me personally. Eating a variety will help you find what helps you feel good!

Apples: A good source of fiber, filling, cheap and have a good shelf life. Perfect breakfast with peanut butter.

Protein shakes: The perfect way to add those extra 300 calories to your day to help build muscle. Easy to sip on even if you're full but know you need more calories.

Nut butters: I always have PB2 and regular peanut butter around the house.

Protein bars: I know these are demonized a lot, but there are some good brands out there with no artificial sweeteners and good ingredients. I've enjoyed Luna and Fitjoy.

Frozen chicken breasts: Cook a bunch up on a day off and pack them into lunches! Can be customized easily.

Sweet potatoes: A healthy carb with a satisfying sweetness, and perfect with a little cinnamon.

Eggs: A satiating, low carb breakfast packed with protein and relatively cheap!

Carrots, sugar snap peas, broccoli, cauliflower: All easily chopped and divided into plastic bags for grabbing on the go!

This isn't all I eat but it is what I commonly have around! Bottom line if something looks nutrient packed, less processed, and interesting to you give it a shot and see how you feel!

Best Answer
0 Votes