Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercising and over eating... help!

ANSWERED

I really enjoy exercising and workout almost everyday, but when I get a really good work out in I'm so hungry that I end up going over my calorie count and undo all that work. I try to eat small low calorie things to avoid this but it seems like I just can't curb the hunger and can't stop eating. What can I eat that isn't going to undo my workouts but will keep me full?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've suffered the same problem in the past What I've found that seems to work for me is I drink what seems like a ton of water and well use alot of will power to stay out of the kitchen. If you try to gear your work outs to well basicly just befor you have to go out or go to work that helps too cause its more of a case of not having the time to eat. Works out to being work out shower and out the door you go but always remember to have water or a low cal drink handy for when you feel hungry it does help curb the hunger monster. Hope this helps. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I've suffered the same problem in the past What I've found that seems to work for me is I drink what seems like a ton of water and well use alot of will power to stay out of the kitchen. If you try to gear your work outs to well basicly just befor you have to go out or go to work that helps too cause its more of a case of not having the time to eat. Works out to being work out shower and out the door you go but always remember to have water or a low cal drink handy for when you feel hungry it does help curb the hunger monster. Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

I had that same problem when I started.  I now know I have to have a snack (celery sticks with Almond butter) before I work out.  Try an apple, or hardboild egg before working out.  Also, drink lots of water during your workout.  This is what helped me.  Keep it up, you will see success!

Best Answer

air-popped popcorn (with some no salt seasoning, and no oil or butter), eat all you want Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Love air popcorn
Best Answer
0 Votes

A bucket of iceberg lettuce with lemon juice, air popped pop corn and watermelon are usually my go-to tummy fillers Smiley Tongue

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Homemade vegetable soups, you can make them chock full of veggies (don't forget a big helping of greens) and keep the sodium lower than canned soups (and it tastes a lot better).    Finish off your meal with a big cup of hot herbal tea, forces you to sip and get's you through that "I'm I still hungry" stage until your body realizes it's full.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do struggle to get a lot of water so that just might be my problem. Thank you, I hadn't thought of that.

Best Answer