Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Grocery Items

What are your favorite healthy grocery items? Recently I discovered Egglife Wraps. They come in a variety of flavors including Original (Plain), Southwest, Everything Bagel, Cinnamon... I use them for wraps, tacos, burritos, enchiladas and  making chips.  They are so versatile. 

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I literally shop the perimeter unless it is to get tuna or hot sauce. I love hot sauce in everything. they are calorie free, come in a ton of flavors and heat levels and stimulate digestion. in the morning I use Franks hot sauce on my egg whites. For lunch I make a dressing for my salad with a habanero one and for dinner I use red pepper flakes and buffalo seasoning. Oh and I found a new bread I love. it is 647 bread. 40 calories a slice and it is a generous slice. I have that in the morning with the egg whites and fruit. yum. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Oo I'll have to look out for that bread! I've found a low-carb tortilla that I really like, La Banderita. It doesn't have all the extra oils that a lot of low-carb tortillas put in and it tastes pretty much identical to a regular flour tortilla. I found it at Food 4 Less but I think they're supposed to be in a lot of major grocery stores. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @emili , thanks for the info on the Schmidt's 647 bread. What a score! Less then 1 gram of total sugar, no preservatives, low cal., sodium, 6 net carbs. 7 grams of protein and it tastes really good. Like you said the slices are a good size. There's several different kinds. I got the Old Tyme 647 Italian. Made my day. Stay strong, step on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's the one I have too!!  I'm so glad you liked 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like none of the stores around me carry the 647 Bread.  I am going to order some from netrition.com  Thanks @emili 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bolthouse Yogurt Dressings are very good. There are so many great flavors. My favorites are Classic Ranch and Cucumber Ranch and Honey Mustard. I use them as dip for veggies and chicken. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently discovered raw milk at a local health food store. So good and has all the healthy enzymes and bacteria that to promote gut health.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Egglife Wraps are now available at Sam's Club 🙂 Instead of the 6 wrap packages, they come is 12 wrap packages and the price is much less per wrap. Currently, the only flavor Sam's offers is the Everything Bagel.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally tracked down the Cinnamon Egglife Wraps. Target carries them now. They are really good. It satisfies the craving for something sweet and it only has 30 calories per wrap. 

Best Answer
0 Votes