Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Recipe Websites?!

ANSWERED

Hey guys!

I've been on the hunt for a website (or several) that has a ton of super easy and healthy recipes. As someone working part-time while going to school full-time I need stuff that is fast and easy. If you have any recommendations PLEASE let me know! Thank you 🙂

Best Answer
130 REPLIES 130

@SolangeEI love looking up anything on there! There is so much information and most people are not aware of it on there. Smiley Wink

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I know, a lot of innovating cool ideas for everything you can imagine! and also beautiful pictures too, that is where I took the ideas for my tattoo 🙂 @ErickFitbit

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

@SolangeEI've seen some amazing tattoos on there as well! Another good recipe site is allrecipes.com

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing, @ErickFitbit I'll give it a try next time I cook. Cat Wink

Best Answer

There are some good books with interesting ideas: 

• Heart-healthy Every Day Meals. 
  • Clean Foods
  • One Dish at a Time. 

Hope you like it. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
Thanks, I love new cookbooks, the titles sound like healthy meals.  Thanks.Elaine
Best Answer

Loved scrolling through all these ideas. My suggestions are for sites that have recipes that are lighter but don't taste like it.  I have lost 48 pounds in the last 18 months and these have been my "go-to's" for great recipes:

Cooking Light

Skinny Taste

Freckleberry Finds

Shrinking On a Budget Meal Plan (my Godsend!)

Eating Well

Weight Watchers forums

Best Answer

@VivisFitbitLike @Lovetoeatsaid, those do sound like some healthy food cookbooks! Thanks for sharing! 

@jillfiredupWow! Congratulations on your weight loss journey! I will need to take a look into these sites to get some delicious, healthy ideas! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer

I like whydontyoucook.wordpress.com.  All real food...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted some sites on a previous post but forgot to mention Chocolate Covered Katie - great dessert ideas that are light.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG! you guys are making me so hungry right now.. @jillfiredup @DebFit

Those sites have really interesting and healthy desserts.

Moist Zucchini Cake With Greek Yogurt Frosting is definitely my favorite of all! Heart

zucchini-3_3.jpg

Best Answer

@jillfiredupYum! Can't go wrong with dessert! Check out my non-dairy cheescake recipe here! Great for Thanksgiving dinner! 

@SolangeENever tried Zucchini cake before! Looks delicious! Robot tongue

Best Answer

I reference several but find skinnyms.com to be quite helpful.

Also, I just discovered Yummly.com which tailors the recipes it presents to you based on your requirements, which you can provide when you create an account with there. There is a phone app to use as well.

Best Answer

Talking about zucchini, my favorite recipe is grated zucchinis with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Delicious Smiley LOL 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I do love the Hungry-girl website, lots of tasty foods there!

Best Answer

Hi there, @shapechanger167! Great recipe website, love this one for breakfast.  

Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year! Robot LOL

Best Answer

I have found organizeyourselfskinny.com  to be an amazing asset! She has a lot of delicious and healthy recipes. You can meal prep ahead of time  so your total cooktime for the week is condensed into an hour session. She also lists calories/ weight watchers points , nutritional facts for each recipe.  She gives you tips on how to meal prep so you have more time during the week. I've also set half the batch asside in the freezer for an EXTRA busy day. Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes
This web sight sounds wonderful. I will give it a try.  I need something like this to help prepare meals.Thanks, Lovetoeat.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I like **ahem**Delicious. Lots of good stuff there. Sometimes these other two as well...

http://**ahem**delicious.net/recipe-index/

http://hostthetoast.com/recipes/

http://www.howsweeteats.com/recipes/

*Edit: apparently the language filter won't allow the first link. It's like darn delicious, but a little naughtier. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ykelly@Lovetoeat@CraigFrickenHHave you all ever checked out https://www.eatthismuch.com/ it automatically creates meal plans that meet your diet goals. It can be personalized for your food preferences, budget, and schedule. Then, once a week, they give you a grocery list with everything you need.

Best Answer