Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food composition

ANSWERED

how to decide the proportion of carb, protein, and fat before eating?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

hey there @ssrivastava . you want to make sure you have a nutritionally rich diet. the composition of protein, carb, etc is specific to what your goals are and your overall health. for example if you have to watch your sugar, you want less carbs. if you have anything related to kidneys you may want to do less protein. if you are really just looking to maximize your body's output through good nutrition then eat your colors in fruit and veg, eat good carbs but allow yourself to stray once in a while to have a happy soul, eat lean meats and fish and stick with good fats. here is a link to an article that I think is helpful and doesn't make you click through 50 items to get to the point.. https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/healthy-diet 

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @ssrivastava It depends on your goals and what type of eating plan you intend to follow. Have you discussed the matter with your doctor to get his/her recommendations? We do not know your current situation, medical issues or other factors that might need to be considered so we highly advise you consult with your doctor. 

Best Answer

Thank you. My doctors do not give advice on nutrition unless one is 300 lbs or something like that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey there @ssrivastava . you want to make sure you have a nutritionally rich diet. the composition of protein, carb, etc is specific to what your goals are and your overall health. for example if you have to watch your sugar, you want less carbs. if you have anything related to kidneys you may want to do less protein. if you are really just looking to maximize your body's output through good nutrition then eat your colors in fruit and veg, eat good carbs but allow yourself to stray once in a while to have a happy soul, eat lean meats and fish and stick with good fats. here is a link to an article that I think is helpful and doesn't make you click through 50 items to get to the point.. https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/healthy-diet 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
Thank you. Very halpful!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great. I will look into the weblink. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

basically eat a lot of protein and a little less carbs and feel great

Best Answer
0 Votes

I always eat a lot of protein, even more than carbohydrates

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me @Sarra01 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's no way you can tell.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went full carnivore diet with excellent results.  More energy, run times and distance improved, lost weight especially around the midsection.  

Best Answer
0 Votes