Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foods for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)

I'm only a few days into my fitbit and really excited to see how supportive the community posts seem to be. With the darkness coming and many people starting to struggle with Seaonal affective disorder I thought I'd make a short post about foods that help. I've suffered for eight years now with worst symptoms showing up in October and February. Over the years I've learned that there are 'happy' foods which can support your other treatment (light, meds, etc).

I recommend using a lot of bananas, mangos, and avocado. The magnesium and other nutrients help with your sleep and ability to relax. It's also important to limit stimulants like caffiene and added sugars. Does anyone have any other foods they suggest or good recipes to work with? It's aways nice to get new inspiration. Good luck with your goals!

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the forums @Anneli!

I have to adnit it, this is the first time I've heard of this, but it is super interesing! Thank you very much for the tips provided, I have also found this infographic:

SAD.jpg

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer