Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Healthy Eating Habits? Time to share!

Hey community members! I hope you all are doing great.

I created this thread so that we can share our healthy eating habits. The more the merrier! I'll start.

• Try to eat at least 5 times a day. Meaning having 3 main meals and add two in between snacks. This boosts your metabolism and helps you control your appetite. 

I am sure there are plenty of tips. I will try them all out. Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Good topic, @RodrigoMFitbit ! I used to have the most difficulty with nighttime snacking so just stopped ALL nighttime snacking. This eliminated decisions of what to eat … how much to eat … how close to bedtime should I eat … etc. I started this early 2020. It’s now a strong, healthy habit! 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thanks for the reply and the tip. I do struggle with nighttime snacking. I will try to cease all nighttime snacking. Will let you know if I notice improvement. 

Second tip of mine: I changed all of my snacks to fruits, nuts or vegetables. I really like a sliced apple, tomato or cucumber with lemon and salt. Hopefully others will share their habits. 

Have a good one!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hey Rodrigo, like you and Carol B I would eat at night but I mean at 2:00 am or so. I can't really call it sleep eating cuz I was awake but I would wake up and get something to eat. I stopped losing and was just maintaining my weight. I too started eating 5 times a day and maintaining 1500 calories max. I eat an evening snack of low cal. protein pudding or a 130 cal. protein mug cake at 8:30 pm, since doing that I no longer wake up and eat and I'm not struggling I just stopped. I also started losing the lbs. again. Awesome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My trick to stop night time snacking is the clean my teeth! It sounds silly but I hate having dirty teeth when I go to bed and I don't enjoy cleaning them enough to want to do it twice! So I  clean my teeth after dinner and a piece of fruit and then I don't eat again till  breakfast!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer