Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Healthy Snacks for Office Jobs

Hello everyone,

I am just curious what kind of homemade snacks people make for working in the office, preferably low cal.

I work an office job and am trying to incorporate healthier eating habits.

Thanks!

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the forums!

I dont make anything for a snack but I have A Morning cheese stick and Afternoon  yogurt  every day for snacks. I add fruit to the yogurt.

Look around the forums and join in on some of the discussions! Lot's going on!
Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't normally snack, but if I do, it is usually a fruit or hard pretzels, a noni biscotti with coffee or dry cereal.. they are all easy to pack and I don't have to worry about cleaning out bowls and the such..

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Snack on high protein foods such as eggs, nuts, nut butters, greek yogurt, cottage cheese. Also high fiber foods such as salads, veggies and/or fruits can keep you full with less calories.

Good luck with your goals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i usually eat homemade sandwich in office or fresh caesar salad with some seasoned fruit juice, also you could have roasted nuts and digestive biscuits. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I always prefer to eat light snacks with tea. It is easy to pack and carry as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have an office job, I've found a cup of sliced carrots and a tbsp of almond butter works really well for me. I take two cups of carrots and two tbsp of almond butter and have about half in the morning coffee break and half in the afternoon. I've been amazed how well it carries me through to the next meal.

Best Answer

Hummus and veggies are GREAT! If you want to add some crunch in there, pretzel sticks are relatively low calorie if you stick to a small serving. Greek yogurt is a staple too, preferably 0%MF plain, then top it with some fresh fruit! A life hack i've discovered for plain yogurt is to buy the sugar free jell-o or pudding mixes, and sprinkle about a tsp in your yogurt and mix it in- DELISH! 

The 100 calorie packs of nuts are wonderful, or just measure out 100 calories worth of nuts and put them in a little baggie to take with you. Protein bars are also a FANTASTIC snack that keep you full for a really long time. My favourite are the Kirkland brand ones, they taste like candy bars in my opinion and are really cheap for the amount you get!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Egg Taco would be the best option.

Best Answer
0 Votes