Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's wrong? High Hr issues.

I've been having issues with really high heartrate numbers between 110 and 135 after having a homade breakfast burrito. 1.5 sausage links, 1 eggs, 1 carb smart tortilla and a pinch or cheese? Its only a issue after the burrito. My heart rate stays high for a couple hours. I'm on a less than 1000 calorie a day diet. I think may be the cause but not to sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I suspect it's the sodium content of your burrito.Eating something with a high sodium content does the same for me.It gets the heart going.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Eat more vegetables. The lack of potassium can affect your heart rate. If you are going to have high sodium foods you have to have potassium-rich foods to flush out the sodium. It’s easier just to stay away from the high sodium foods but everyone has different levels of nutrient needs.  If you keep that up sooner or later you will feel high blood pressure in your hands and arms and can be somewhat painful. Unless you are like 90 pounds you aren’t eating enough. It’s fine to indulge in your favorite foods every now and then but nutrition is extremely important especially when on a very low-calorie diet.

Best Answer
0 Votes