Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Healthy body

ANSWERED

I stopped having sugary drinks and sugary yogurts some time ago and switched to  drinks and yogurt that is sweetened with sucralose, is this a good idea and does anyone know how strong 27 mg of sucralose is?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think a sugar substitute is fine in moderation. I have actually switched from splenda to stevia. To me it tastes more like real sugar. I also like that stevia comes from nature and not sugar compounds modified in a lab. Your body does need a little sugar, I recommend getting it from fruit. It is completely natural and is the "good" carb you need to keep all cylinders firing so to speak..

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Congratulations on ditching sugary drinks, @B3! As far as your Sucralose question goes, that amount seems to be the equivalent of about 3 packets which has been deemed safe by the FDA. I use Sweet n Low (saccharine) and limit myself to 2 packets/day because I have found (in my experience) that the other low calorie sweeteners trigger my sweet tooth. (I use it in my coffee.)  But my hubby enjoys one yogurt a day with Sucarlose and he’s fine with that. 

Nice to hear from you in the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think a sugar substitute is fine in moderation. I have actually switched from splenda to stevia. To me it tastes more like real sugar. I also like that stevia comes from nature and not sugar compounds modified in a lab. Your body does need a little sugar, I recommend getting it from fruit. It is completely natural and is the "good" carb you need to keep all cylinders firing so to speak..

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is completely natural and is the "good" If you could maintain a good number and a daily fruit which we be well metabolize in your body cell                                                                                                                  

Best Answer
0 Votes